Captain's Circle Number

I recently booked a cruise on Cunard.  First time sailing with them, so will be an interesting experience.  As part of the booking, I received a Cunard World Club number.  In looking at that number, it is the same as my Princess Captain's Circle number.  Does anyone know if this is normal? 

I know both Princess and Cunard are owned by CCL, but I found it curious that the loyalty numbers would be the same.  My HAL Mariners Club number is similar, but different.  Unfortunately, my loyalty status on Princess hasn't carried over to Cunard.  😀

Similar experience booking HAL for the first time. My HAL number is the same as my Princess number. Doesn’t seem to be causing any issues with my bookings. Maybe at some point it will enable them to share loyalty levels or maybe they were just running out of numbers. 🤭. Seems to be how they do it now. 

5 minutes ago, southwestgal said:

Similar experience booking HAL for the first time. My HAL number is the same as my Princess number. Doesn’t seem to be causing any issues with my bookings. Maybe at some point it will enable them to share loyalty levels or maybe they were just running out of numbers. 🤭. Seems to be how they do it now. 

Well, sure.  There is a limited amount of 10-digit numbers to assign, after all.  That's obvious!  😀

But thanks for your observation about HAL, My HAL number is different and there's no impact on bookings.  I just found it odd...

• 2 weeks later...