QM2 Library selections

Tattycoram

Oh, wow--that looks like such an elevated place to read and look out.  While the space is stunning, I sense Linda's command of it.  She looks like a boon companion.  I will make sure to raise a glass to her and you on our trip.  Thank you.

9 hours ago, rsquare said:

...The corresponding space on the starboard side has swivel tub chairs right in front of large, virtually sea-level windows

Agreed, rsquare. Both of us spent many hours reading and/or just watching the ocean in this lovely space. Also in the library, which in my experience was ALWAYS quiet, even when there were quite a few people in there. There was always a comfy seat and so many beautiful books to read or just browse, which I did when I needed a change/break from my current read. If you are a reader, you will absolutely love QM2, there are so many quiet spaces to read, inside and out. She's a big ship with relatively few passengers, who are always well behaved (in public, anyway😉) Isn't reading on a ship just the BEST thing to do, fellow Cunard lovers? 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, rsquare said:

Games tables are on the port side of the ship, and a reader blocking an intending player's access to a games table will not be too popular.  The corresponding space on the starboard side has swivel tub chairs right in front of large, virtually sea-level windows.

I've attached a photo of the area with my dear and departed travelling companion Linda.

Another nice reading nook is the Champagne bar off the main lobby on 3, especially in the mornings.  Although come to think of it, I've never really seen people in that area actually drinking; it seems rather like the old Winter Garden before someone had the inspiration to create the Carinthia lounge.

IMG_1961.JPG

I certainly would not wish to irritate a games player, but can’t recall seeing more than three tables in use simultaneously, so it might be OK to sit there.

• Like 3

Hi Maggielou 362

I could not agree with you more!   My voyage heaven is being on board QM2; lounger nicely positioned out of the way of walkers on deck7; sun hat and a good book.The sound of the waves, and MOH doing his circumnavigation of the deck, with only an occasional  “are you ok”

Cannot wait 😀

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Millieloulou said:

My voyage heaven is being on board QM2; lounger nicely positioned out of the way of walkers on deck7; sun hat and a good book.The sound of the waves......

BTW.....

My heaven too! But becareful not to fall asleep with the motion and sounds...

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 6:12 AM, exlondoner said:

I certainly would not wish to irritate a games player, but can’t recall seeing more than three tables in use simultaneously, so it might be OK to sit there.

I recall one day when all the game tables were full, but generally you are correct. I prefer the games corridor because the chairs are straight-backed, not "loungy". I've certainly moved on when the other tables start to fill up. Also makes it easy for me to wander over from time to time and place a few pieces on the jigsaw puzzle that is currently in play.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2024 at 6:50 AM, Tattycoram said:

What a gorgeous Paddington!  I am definitely looking out for that to snuggle up with.

I do love the look of the library--and its windows--for reading and staring out to sea, but since it might sometimes be full or noisy, can anyone who's sailed on the QM2 before recommend other pleasant places to read?  I'm happy with variety:  a nook, a view, a place to put a cup of tea or glass or wine . . . 

Just don’t take up a table to read in the Golden Lion Pub during lunch hours or you may get some “evil eye” stares from those wanting to sit and eat. However the Pub during off hours is very nice to read and it’s near the waterline. 

• Like 1

Whilst I wouldn't advocate any towels on the chairs scenario, I don't think the QM2 library itself can be beaten on any Cunard ship for snuggling down [in public inside areas] with a great book. Wonderful place. 😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

I don't think the QM2 library itself can be beaten on any Cunard ship for snuggling down [in public inside areas] with a great book. Wonderful place.

I enjoy the alcove on the starboard side of QM2 Library past the Bookstore.

Nice and quiet to reading and settle in.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I enjoy the alcove on the starboard side of QM2 Library past the Bookstore.

Nice and quiet to reading and settle in.

Mine too although we're not alone there. It's popular!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm both a knitter and a reader, and am frequently found ensconced in the Carinthia Lounge on QM2 with my knitting and/or a book. (I'm a die-hard ereader user after injuring myself carrying an over-loaded tote bag of books back to the library, although I did take two paperbacks on my recent leg of the QV world voyage, to be read during excursions on the water.)  

One issue with the Carinthia Lounge that I found on my last TA (November 2022) was that it was being used for trivia, which meant that it filled up and became quite noisy a few times per day. At those times, I'd migrate to the Chart Room, or the Commodore Club, or the pub, depending on what else was going on. The library is a beautiful space, but the seats were frequently all occupied. 

On QV, I usually ended up in the Chart Room, with occasional forays to the Commodore Club or the pub.  

• Like 2