Passport Processing Times.

37 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

After applying on-line, did you then have to mail your old passport in?  Did they have to receive it before issuing the new one?

I did not have to send it in. Just give them a couple of different numbers on the passport.

• Like 1

Applied at my local post office on July 6. Received at passport center July 9. Passport approved july 16. Received passport July 18. Did not pay to expedite. 12 days from start to finish. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

For the Canadians just sent mine away by mail yesterday so will see how long it takes.

Be interested to see how Canada differs from US in times.  On a unrelated note spent some time in your province in May.

Edited by jimbo5544

15 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Be interested to see how Canada differs from US in times.  On a unrelated note spent some time in your province in May.

Whereabouts were you? 

7 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Whereabouts were you? 

BC and Alberta, did the Rocky Mountaineer which had 2 nights in Vancouver, night in Kamloops, 2 in Jasper, 2 in Lake Louise, 2 in Banff and 1 in Calgary.  Great trip.  Spectacular sights.  Got a real feel for western Canada (had only been to Vancouver prior in the west.

36 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

BC and Alberta, did the Rocky Mountaineer which had 2 nights in Vancouver, night in Kamloops, 2 in Jasper, 2 in Lake Louise, 2 in Banff and 1 in Calgary.  Great trip.  Spectacular sights.  Got a real feel for western Canada (had only been to Vancouver prior in the west.

Well geeeeeez and you never called? Calgarys only 2.5 hrs away thats practically down the street around here, we coulda met up for coffee!!!!

8 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Well geeeeeez and you never called? Calgarys only 2.5 hrs away thats practically down the street around here, we coulda met up for coffee!!!!

It was a great trip.  Loved the whole thing, sorry, guess I lost your number.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

It was a great trip.  Loved the whole thing, sorry, guess I lost your number.

well ok...next time

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2024 at 5:31 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Sent July 18 arrived Aug 12.  Interesting new look.  Photo Page is Hard plastic now.

• Like 1

25 days.  Sent from Alberta to Quebec for processing by priority mail so allowing for 4 days mailing time there and back it was 16 days not including weekends.

This whole thread just reminds me what a giant cluster the entire issue was in the Spring of '23 when folks were waiting upwards of six months. Lots of European vacations got ruined that summer. We did our renewals back in December '23 as things were getting better and Expedited was down to about 3-4 weeks looking back but no one knew that at the time. I remember planning our renewals very carefully utilizing a short gap we had between cruises. Our applications were 100% ready to go and went in the mail with our 'old' Passports literally the day we got home from a cruise. It was a Saturday and I was able to make it to the Post Office by 3p. Glad I don't have to do that again anytime soon. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2024 at 10:15 PM, mamiamjo said:

Sent our renewals in last week, arrived at Irving Tx processing center on Friday Aug 9th. We'll see when we get the news ones🤞

Just received our passports back today! A total of 13 days, non-expedited 🙂

Edited by mamiamjo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Online works great for renewal, so fast and no mailing costs involved.  Completed the online application Friday 8/23.  Received it Saturday 8/31 and the passport start date is 8/27.  Was able to take the picture with a cell phone camera and upload it so no photo processing cost either, just the $130 passport fee.

On 9/1/2024 at 2:22 AM, nycruise1 said:

Online works great for renewal, so fast and no mailing costs involved.  Completed the online application Friday 8/23.  Received it Saturday 8/31 and the passport start date is 8/27.  Was able to take the picture with a cell phone camera and upload it so no photo processing cost either, just the $130 passport fee.

Are they less strict with pictures when doing it this way? First try mail I took my own picture, and they rejected it, I had to try again getting picture from UPS. Delayed whole thing for months.

6 minutes ago, DeniseTr said:

Are they less strict with pictures when doing it this way? First try mail I took my own picture, and they rejected it, I had to try again getting picture from UPS. Delayed whole thing for months.

I would think they have the same standards however you apply.  But online I believe the instructions said if there were a problem with the picture we could upload another one.

5 hours ago, DeniseTr said:

When I renewed mine online , it rejected the first few pics and let me keep retaking and uploading until it was accepted.

• 2 weeks later...