Aranya Sample Menus

TowandaUK

One wonders with the lack of pricing whether Cunard are introducing 'Dynamic' priced dining.

OMG. I wonder who put the Aranya accompanying wine list together?

At 12.5% ABV that Riesling Kung Fu Girl, at $50+ a bottle, would appear a must. 😄...

KungFuGirlRiesling.thumb.jpg.102e0a5fabbc04848c4e481a9827ffad.jpg

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

Are there any references to a speciality dining package on Queen Anne?

So far no further info has appeared re pricing - except for the pay as you go prices in Aji Wa. No menus yet for Sir Samuel’s or Golden Lion. 

1 minute ago, TowandaUK said:

So far no further info has appeared re pricing - except for the pay as you go prices in Aji Wa. No menus yet for Sir Samuel’s or Golden Lion. 

Because of the $20 deposit system for Aji Wa, my guess is that Aranja is going to be in the $25 - $30 area per person, perhaps saving $5 if reserved before sailing. Ditto Golden Lion and Sir Samuel's. That said, I find the deposit for Aji Wa very odd, it's not as though you can do a runner.

And where do you think we’ll be able to use our World Club vouchers? I would guess Tramonto and perhaps Aranja for free, and Aji Wa and Sir Sam’s for a reduction.

10 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

And where do you think we’ll be able to use our World Club vouchers? I would guess Tramonto and perhaps Aranja for free, and Aji Wa and Sir Sam’s for a reduction.

I'd imagine we'll be able to use them anywhere, though how much benefit it will bring I'm unsure. Those of us on the maiden voyage won't be able to use this perk though as there is too many of us!

Just now, MylesS said:

I'd imagine we'll be able to use them anywhere, though how much benefit it will bring I'm unsure. Those of us on the maiden voyage won't be able to use this perk though as there is too many of us!

Wasn’t that roughly what I suggested?

But you are getting compensation on the MV, in the form of extra credit, which you can use for one of them if you wish. In effect, you are getting a choice.

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

How does one get World Club Vouchers (we are Platinum)??

7 minutes ago, Antonio82 said:

How does one get World Club Vouchers (we are Platinum)??

First of all, get to Diamond! This is easiest accomplished by making some more sailings. Then it's a Diamond benefit to get an alternative dining meal for sailings of 6 nights plus. In the case of QA, and I think more out of tactical planning rather than necessity, they are offering an OBC credit for $35 - which doesn't have to be used on alternative dining.

3 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Are there any references to a speciality dining package on Queen Anne?

You've asked this quite a few times now, and I think the answer is still that there is no package deal, other than some USA travellers can get an alternative dining option as part of their booking process. What are you hoping to see here? Maybe some Cunard bigwig is reading this!

14 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

First of all, get to Diamond! This is easiest accomplished by making some more sailings. Then it's a Diamond benefit to get an alternative dining meal for sailings of 6 nights plus. In the case of QA, and I think more out of tactical planning rather than necessity, they are offering an OBC credit for $35 - which doesn't have to be used on alternative dining.

That is only for the maiden voyage. We are on the second voyage and have not been told that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pushpit said:

You've asked this quite a few times now, and I think the answer is still that there is no package deal, other than some USA travellers can get an alternative dining option as part of their booking process. What are you hoping to see here? Maybe some Cunard bigwig is reading this!

Given the fairly limited amount of specialty dining places, the fact that there are likely to be a fair number of diamonds with vouchers, the possible desire to give everyone a reasonable chance to get some experience of speciality dining, and the enjoyability of food in the MDR, I think it fairly unlikely such a package will be offered, let alone that it would be value for money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pushpit said:

Silly me, we are already Diamond. Can't see how to get these Vouchers

11 minutes ago, Antonio82 said:

Silly me, we are already Diamond. Can't see how to get these Vouchers

Unless they’ve changed their practice again, when you embark, you will get a letter from the Grills Concierge, mentioning various things, including your entitlement to a free or reduced price meal, and telling you how to book. There is no longer an actual piece of paper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Unless they’ve changed their practice again, when you embark, you will get a letter from the Grills Concierge, mentioning various things, including your entitlement to a free or reduced price meal, and telling you how to book. There is no longer an actual piece of paper.

Just to add. I’m pretty certain, but haven’t checked, that my letter came from the Grills Concierge. If you are not in the Grills it probably comes from the World Club reps.

6 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Just to add. I’m pretty certain, but haven’t checked, that my letter came from the Grills Concierge. If you are not in the Grills it probably comes from the World Club reps.

Many thanks, yes we are in QG. Will see Concierge as suggested .. in 32 days time!

6 minutes ago, Antonio82 said:

Many thanks, yes we are in QG. Will see Concierge as suggested .. in 32 days time!

You shouldn’t need to see them, though they are usual so nice that is in itself an agreeable experience. There should be a letter awaiting you when you first reach your cabin.

If it is 32 days, I think we are on the same voyage. If the ship is actually ready…

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

You shouldn’t need to see them, though they are usual so nice that is in itself an agreeable experience. There should be a letter awaiting you when you first reach your cabin.

If it is 32 days, I think we are on the same voyage. If the ship is actually ready…

Thanks but you should be positive!!!!!!!!!!

Why be positive? It leads only to disappointment. Whereas we pessimists are always being pleasantly surprised. Anyway, there must be a reason Cunard timed the naming for her third voyage. It could simply be that they want to do it in Liverpool, it could also be that they are confident the ship will be ready by then but not necessarily before. 😀

8 hours ago, Pushpit said:

Because of the $20 deposit system for Aji Wa, my guess is that Aranja is going to be in the $25 - $30 area per person, perhaps saving $5 if reserved before sailing. Ditto Golden Lion and Sir Samuel's. That said, I find the deposit for Aji Wa very odd, it's not as though you can do a runner.

I hope you’re right but suspect it may be nearer the $45-50 they charge for Verandah. It can’t have escaped Cunard’s notice that some other lines have more or less doubled their speciality restaurant prices since the restart.

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

I hope you’re right but suspect it may be nearer the $45-50 they charge for Verandah. It can’t have escaped Cunard’s notice that some other lines have more or less doubled their speciality restaurant prices since the restart.

Yes, that would be my fear too. Verandah is seen as top end, and does offer lunch at a much lower rate (and a reduced spec. menu). On the other hand, they will need to get those tables used, and there are presumably a lot more tables than Verandah. The prices of the items in Aji Wa don't strike me as too outrageous, and you can eat well reasonably for $30 if you keep away from the Wagyu.

5 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Why be positive? It leads only to disappointment. Whereas we pessimists are always being pleasantly surprised. Anyway, there must be a reason Cunard timed the naming for her third voyage. It could simply be that they want to do it in Liverpool, it could also be that they are confident the ship will be ready by then but not necessarily before. 😀

I like the term “manage expectations” better…Most marketing material does the opposite; they over promise while adding to the risk of under-delivering.