Anyone know a fix to error code 502 when logging on to the MSC website?

Stockjock

Every time I try to logon to MSC's website, I get a message "request failed with status code 502."  My girlfriend's account doesn't do this.  I can login using the booking number, but my functionality is limited.

Anyone experience this?  I've cleared all cookies and cache, but no luck.  The error occurs on multiple devices.

10 hours ago, stefmaia said:

use a different browser. I find that I have problems with firefox and chrome but not with MS Edge.

Didn't help.  I called MSC and they said they put in a ticket to fix it, but after about a week, no improvement.  They also asked me to send a message to mscvoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com and I've done that.  It doesn't seem as if Voyager's Club would be the ones to correct a technical issue, but we'll see.

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

Didn't help.  I called MSC and they said they put in a ticket to fix it, but after about a week, no improvement.  They also asked me to send a message to mscvoyagersClub@msccruisesusa.com and I've done that.  It doesn't seem as if Voyager's Club would be the ones to correct a technical issue, but we'll see.

Voyagers Club was able to fix mine a few months ago. The error apparently has something to do with your voyager number between the app and the website.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

lol MSC

{
    "status": {
        "category": "InternalServerError",
        "message": "One or more errors occurred. (No such host is known. (fn-b2c-prod-northch-sessiondata.azurewebsites.net:443))",
        "success": false,
        "statusCode": 500
    }
}

Did you do a server migration and you didn't migrate corresponding user data?

Edited by peder

The above was from my Account Settings page.

When I inspect the response from my "Plan My Cruise" page, I see the following:

Error in GetBookingAddedCXLFilter.GetBookingAdded microservice endpoint call failed with an error: The remote server returned an error: (400)Bad Request.

1 hour ago, peder said:

The above was from my Account Settings page.

When I inspect the response from my "Plan My Cruise" page, I see the following:

Error in GetBookingAddedCXLFilter.GetBookingAdded microservice endpoint call failed with an error: The remote server returned an error: (400)Bad Request.

Sounds like typical MSC code, lol.  As you can see, I had this 502 error, but my GF's was fine.  They closed my online MSC account, had me open a new one and migrated my data over.  The 502 error went away, but then my GF's account got the dreaded 502 error.  They modified her account, removing her middle name, and for a few days both accounts were fine.

Then, neither one of us had access to our booking and we got the Error null is not an object (evaluating 'o.ports') that I discussed elsewhere.  This morning, the 502 error went away, but the Error null is not an object (evaluating 'o.ports') error prevented any modification of the reservation.  I just checked, and I have the dreaded 502 error back, and a ship animation that won't allow me to do anything else in my account.

This sort of thing has been going on for years.  How incompetent can the MSC IT department possibly be?

Edited by Stockjock

now I'm getting the 502 error.  and now I can log in with the booking number either, it claims either my booking number or name is incorrect.  I'm not going to waste my time emailing the voyager club because I've been email them for over two months for other problems and they never respond.  I wanted to wire some money to the ship for gambling, but I'm so afraid of MSC technology, that I'm just going to figure out the proper way to carry large amounts of $$$ out of the country.  The non-response would be the mostly likely cause of my cruise being the only one with MSC.  Poor customer service is a pet peeve of mind

This website issue has been here for months. Very frustrating. I am unable to make a payment, or even log into my account. We have called the MSC representative. She can take care of any items you need. However, she said MSC is aware of the problem, but have no idea when the problem will be fixed.

I have tried using Chrome, Edge, and Firefox browsers. No luck with any of them.

This does not inspire confidence in MSC. If I was aware of this issue, I might not have booked my upcoming cruise with them.

I get the same 502 regardless of whether I use incognito, so cookies aren't the issue. Based on the details of my error message, it appears MSC has migrated some of their Azure infrastructure, and MSC either needs to clear a cache of its own or it never updated user information to point to the new Azure endpoints or the endpoints are down.

It should be incredibly rare for users to not be able to log in to your site, and when it happens, issues related to it should be considered a top priority. Sev 0 / Sev 1, drop-everything-until-it-is-resolved type of issue.

• Like 1