Carnival Cheers Beverage Package

7 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

I've brought this up in the past - the actual policy wording only indicates a limit under Cheers.  

This probably hasn't been confirmed anywhere though because if someone is exceeding 15 drinks in a day and paying as they go along, that is just bad budgeting lol.

Indeed, that's definitely a win for the cruise line if someone is going to drink that much and not take advantage of Cheers lol. Carnival isn't the morality police looking to decree how much booze you can or cannot consume as long as you aren't endangering yourself or others, but they are most definitely interested in making money hence why it makes sense to put a limit on Cheers and doesn't make sense to limit pay as you go customers.

My wife and I purchased Cheers for the first time on our 8 day Horizon sailing this past March. In the past we paid as we went, and came out "saving money". However, that didn't take into account water bottles, wine bottles, and any other non-alcoholic beverages.

On this trip, we had a total of 45 drinks each, plus countless bottles of water and an occasional ginger ale. Cheers was well worth it for us. Between no longer purchasing water and wine bottles to go along with our cocktails, and it's a no brainer for us going forward. We also used discounted gift cards and OBC to save money on the package.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

We cruise in 22 days.....just looked online and the Cheers drink package is $70.74 per person per day.

Our cruise is 25 days.

So the tab for us having the "drink package" would be $3,537.

My cruise fare (balcony) is $2,333.

What do I not understand?  Is this for real?  Cheaper onboard?  Do peeps buy this?

(Time to investiagte the wine bottle packages) 

8 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

We cruise in 22 days.....just looked online and the Cheers drink package is $70.74 per person per day.

Our cruise is 25 days.

What do I not understand?  Is this for real?  Cheaper onboard?  Do peeps buy this?

Where are you cruising? When DH and I cruised 10 days in the Mediterranean we were allowed to bring liquor and wine onboard at ports. 

26 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Where are you cruising? When DH and I cruised 10 days in the Mediterranean we were allowed to bring liquor and wine onboard at ports. 

That's good!

We are cruising Singapore to Long Beach....Not exactly wine country but that could work out very well...I've got quite a budget to work with....LOL. 

9 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

That's good!

We are cruising Singapore to Long Beach....Not exactly wine country but that could work out very well...I've got quite a budget to work with....LOL. 

Hmmm I know nothing about Singapore or how the ports operate during that itinerary. It is a ship load of money for Cheers (see what I did there😄) but if you and your partner are drinking 5 to 6 alcoholic drinks a day, it may be worth getting Cheers. Plus you can get special coffees, milkshakes, sodas, waters as well. You could buy a bottle or two of liquor through Carnival for your room (overpriced I know) but that would be a cheaper route than Cheers.

4 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Our cruise is 25 days.

I mean…do you plan on drinking everyday for 25 days straight?  If not, then it might be better to just pay as you go.  

And if you do, more power to you!  But you gotta pay the price.  More days = more booze consumed = higher price.

19 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

Our cruise is 25 days.

For 25 days @ $1769 per person isn't that bad I think.

Bottles of water, Gatorade, Irish Coffee's, wine with dinner, spiked milkshakes, + + +

That would be about 5 Captain & Pepsi's for me per day + the other mentioned above.

Edited by thesmiths

1 minute ago, thesmiths said:

Bottles of water, Gatorade, Irish Coffee's, wine with dinner, spiked milkshakes, + + +

That would be about 5 Captain & Pepsi's for me per day + the other mentioned above.

Buy the AARP cards and get an additional 10% off.

4 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Gotcha....but the tap water and free coffee works fine for us......We'd never get nearly our money's worth out of "all you can drink" for that long...and if we did, they'd need to bring the hearse to the port to pick us up....LOL. 

Edited by FlaMariner