Paid in full, cost to change to another sailing?

I am paid in full for an Alaskan sailing on Edge.  I don’t “think” I’m going to need to change it, but DH may have to change it due to work and I’m just making sure I know the ins/outs. There are rooms on an earlier sailing so no concern there.  Would it be the $100pp fee?  Assuming you can always pick a more $ stateroom option (which I think we would) but what happens if it is less expensive?  Also, what about any add ons paid for, like upgrade to premium drink package?  Not booked through a TA but when you move one can you switch it to a TA to get any benefits they may have?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, rcrabb1513 said:

You should call Celebrity.  Any answers you get from social media are anecdotal at best;

Agreed but since it’s just a hypothetical I didn’t want to take that kind of time from a customer service agent.  

Edited by cruisetonowhere10

Posted (edited)

It doesn't matter if you have paid in full prior to the final payment date - the actual final payment date is what matters. Any amount you paid above your deposit prior to the actual final payment date is refundable to you or transferrable to a new booking.

If you booked under a refundable deposit fare, you can change or cancel a booking at anytime prior to final payment without deposit penalty.  Canceling will return your deposit (and any other money paid) to you, or can be transferred in full to a new booking.

If you booked under a non-refundable deposit fare, changes made to the booking prior to final payment will result in a (typically) $100 per person change fee.  If you cancel the booking altogether you will loose your full deposit amount.  Any money paid prior to final payment above your deposit amount will be returned to you, or can be transferred in full to a new booking.

You can transfer a booking to a travel agent up to 30 days from the date of booking.  A changed booking would also have to fall under that original timeline.  If you cancel and rebook as a new reservation, the clock starts then with the new booking.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It doesn't matter if you have paid in full prior to the final payment date - the actual final payment date is what matters. Any amount you paid above your deposit prior to the actual final payment date is refundable to you or transferrable to a new booking.

If you booked under a refundable deposit fare, you can change or cancel a booking at anytime prior to final payment without deposit penalty.  Canceling will return your deposit (and any other money paid) to you, or can be transferred in full to a new booking.

If you booked under a non-refundable deposit fare, changes made to the booking prior to final payment will result in a (typically) $100 per person change fee.  If you cancel the booking altogether you will loose your full deposit amount.  Any money paid prior to final payment above your deposit amount will be returned to you, or can be transferred in full to a new booking.

You can transfer a booking to a travel agent up to 30 days from the date of booking.  A changed booking would also have to fall under that original timeline.  If you cancel and rebook as a new reservation, the clock starts then with the new booking.

Thank you.  This is very helpful.  

• Like 1