New to Silversea - a couple of questions

ikelmay

I wonder if seasoned Silversea passengers could help me?  Is there a phone number for support for booked passengers or do I use the reservations number?  I'd like to request a bottle of distilled water for our room.  On our previous Regent trips I've just connected for a 'chat' with the online support team.

Also, is there a rough timeline for receiving (online I presume?) final paperwork such as baggage tags etc?  We have a coach transfer included to get from Seward to Anchorage but all I have so far is the initial system booking acknowledgement on the 'My Silversea" page.  I'm a bit of an obsessive planner, our cruise is still 5 weeks away for goodness sake.

We have never had to  order it. As of now 2 bottles in our fridge and replaced as used. If you don't find any your butler should visit you soon after you reach your suite so just ask.

2 hours ago, drron29 said:

We have never had to  order it. As of now 2 bottles in our fridge and replaced as used. If you don't find any your butler should visit you soon after you reach your suite so just ask.

The OP said distilled water. The regular water provided isn't distilled.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ikelmay said:

I wonder if seasoned Silversea passengers could help me?  Is there a phone number for support for booked passengers or do I use the reservations number?  I'd like to request a bottle of distilled water for our room.  On our previous Regent trips I've just connected for a 'chat' with the online support team.

Also, is there a rough timeline for receiving (online I presume?) final paperwork such as baggage tags etc?  We have a coach transfer included to get from Seward to Anchorage but all I have so far is the initial system booking acknowledgement on the 'My Silversea" page.  I'm a bit of an obsessive planner, our cruise is still 5 weeks away for goodness sake.

For the distilled water I email: specialservices@silversea.com

You may not get a response but the water should be in your room when you arrive; if not, just ask your butler and it will be provided quickly. 

As for baggage tags: I believe final info is emailed about 15 days before the cruise but I've never checked if baggage tags are included.  I get them at the pier or from from the SS rep for the transfer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mchell810 said:

For the distilled water I email: specialservices@silversea.com

You may not get a response but the water should be in your room when you arrive; if not, just ask your butler and it will be provided quickly. 

As for baggage tags: I believe final info is emailed about 15 days before the cruise but I've never checked if baggage tags are included.  I get them at the pier or from from the SS rep for the transfer.

Thanks so much for the email, just what I wanted. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Texas Tillie said:

The OP said distilled water. The regular water provided isn't distilled.

We get distilled water. It’s so long ago that we requested it I had forgotten. Obviously on our profile hence just there when we board.

We are sailing on Muse out of Anchorage in June.  My agent at SS said we should expect to see a package in the mail that would include info on our transfers to and from Seward by the scenic choo choo about 30 days out from sailing.  We are not doing pre cruise hotel; she says that pax who are going to do the SS train to the ship meet at the Egan Center in Anchorage, a public conference facility, and take bus to the train terminal to board.  I assume if you are doing pre cruise hotel with SS, they will pick you up at hotel.  (Maybe picks you up first, then swings by Egan to pick up all us cheapskates who got our own hotels.) The train station in Seward is located a short walk to the dock, where Muse awaits.  For those returning to Seward, the train goes to the station located across street from the airport.