Prior cruise is a private charter

Guest Snaxmuppet

Guest Snaxmuppet

We are on SKY from April 27th bound for Norway. The cruise prior to ours is a private charter with high-profile special guests. 

Would the fact that there is a private charter immediately prior to our cruise have any bearing at all on our cruise? Should we expect any reduced level of service or anything else for that matter?

Common sense suggests not but I thought I'd ask the wealth of experienced cruisers here to get your views. TIA

26 minutes ago, Snaxmuppet said:

We are on SKY from April 27th bound for Norway. The cruise prior to ours is a private charter with high-profile special guests. 

Would the fact that there is a private charter immediately prior to our cruise have any bearing at all on our cruise? Should we expect any reduced level of service or anything else for that matter?

Common sense suggests not but I thought I'd ask the wealth of experienced cruisers here to get your views. TIA

If it’s nudists or swingers there may be a delay while they spray everything down with Lysol.

• Haha 9

Posted (edited)

Sounds like a pretty tame charter (classical music, ballroom dancing, and… an astronaut?):

April 15-27, 2024–Where is Sky Princess?

I don't think it'll be particularly demanding (physically or morally) on the bar/dining staff, so you shouldn't notice any effects lasting into your sailing. You can ask them about it and maybe there will be some interesting stories about celebrities on board, rich folks being rich, etc.

The entertainment may "reset" on your sailing, if the ship takes the opportunity to switch out the guest acts, and if the production cast get to take a 2 week break (from performing, not from practicing/rehearsing/working out).

Edited by hawkeyetlse

To the credit of the crew, I don't think it would make any difference at all.  In my experience, Princess crew treat every passenger, from inside cabin to suite, many days at sea to first time  cruiser, like you are their best, most favorite guest.  This is how they really feel.  They will not be better or worse from the prior cruise.

3 minutes ago, TRLD said:

or they could just waltz right off.

Yes, they could, and would, since 3/4 time and waltzes are nearly synonymous.

33 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Yes, they could, and would, since 3/4 time and waltzes are nearly synonymous.

While similar from a dance perspective, waltze off is often used to mean a quick and easy departure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRLD said:

While similar from a dance perspective, waltze off is often used to mean a quick and easy departure.

I have a feeling that by now Mark_K has slapped his forehead and said "Oh, now I get it"  🙃🙃

• Haha 1

There should be no difference.  But, I was on a charter once (Buckeye Cruise for Cancer).  We supplied our own entertainment, so I suppose the regulars got a break.  The only other big difference was that there were no drink packages--all drinks a la carte (I think the cruise sponsors got a cut?)--so there were pop up bars all over the place. It was super easy to but a drink (too easy? :)).  Besides those things, it was pretty much like any cruise. 

• Haha 1