Reflection drink package upgrade

PatandStu

There is currently a 35% off sale for my cruise to update the 3 of us to the premium package. It’s the best price I’ve seen so far, but I love a deal and have read about a 50% off sale. I’m debating whether to jump on now. 
For those that have cancelled & rebought if the price went lower, how easy a process is it? And, how long does it take for the refund to appear? My obc will cover the cost for 2 of us. If I cancel, does my obc come back? 
Pat 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

There is currently a 35% off sale for my cruise to update the 3 of us to the premium package. It’s the best price I’ve seen so far, but I love a deal and have read about a 50% off sale. I’m debating whether to jump on now. 
For those that have cancelled & rebought if the price went lower, how easy a process is it? And, how long does it take for the refund to appear? My obc will cover the cost for 2 of us. If I cancel, does my obc come back? 
Pat 

Book now, if you see better price cancel and book again, OBC comes back almost immediately in this scenario

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

The process is very easy and as @PTC DAWG suggests OBC is reinstated quickly.  Buy now, watch for a better price and if so, cancel and rebook - no penalty.  You can do this up to 3 says prior to sailing.

But does the OBC come back quickly enough to use at the better price? 

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, PatandStu said:

But does the OBC come back quickly enough to use at the better price? 

It should.  Ours was reinstated same time with the new purchase.  If you used OBC to purchase the original package that is what is credited when canceling to purchase the new one.  You also can call and have a rep do it for you, which we have done before, and the transactions are simultaneous. (The OBC was reinstated so as to facilitate the new purchase).

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Gladys Kravitz said:

Curious can only one person upgrade their drink pkg? My husband just drinks Heineken but I like higher end rums, wines and vodkas. 

No.  Both of you have to upgrade if one does.  It is to prevent the opportunity of sharing the premium package.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for this post 😀, I was able to get down another $28.80. Called Captains Club and they adjusted to the $8.99 PDPP, since I had paid already with OBC they just refunded it back and repurchased.  Easy to that upgrade package math...one cocktail should do it!

Edited by TinyG

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Gladys Kravitz said:

So what they really mean is instead of around $12 a day to upgrade its $24. 
do you know if any champagne is in the basic drink pkg?

Yes, everything is per person, but based on double occupancy as both of you would need to buy it. 

I believe champagnes are only included in the premium package.  Here is a pdf describing the two packages:

Celebrity drink packages.pdf

Something to consider would be to determine the cost of how often you would order a drink made from a premium package selected alcohol with an upcharge over the classic package versus the upgrade cost for both of you over the length of the cruise. 

If the upcharge is as you indicate at $24 per day, over a 7-day cruise that would be $168 versus how much by comparison would you pay on a per drink upcharge over that same period?

• Like 1