Post Cruise, Miami, Marriott property, July

cxr133

Posted (edited)

lol hope the title summed it up.  we are looking at staying about 3 nights in Miami post cruise in July.

I want to use my Bonvoy points (about 150K) so looking at a Marriott property ,

My search shows dozens   😞 what would be a good place to stay for 4 people

with so many mixed reviews i just need to know which ones would be a no-go and which places would be good for our stay

our plan right now i think is

Sat-  debarkation, maybe everglades tour, beach,  walk around a little at night get dinner and people watch. we have 2 19yo so probably no clubbing

Sun.   maybe double decker bus or some tour to Key west.

Mon.     Miami Zoo

Thanks Guys 

Edited by cxr133

JW Marriott on Brickell would be perfect for what you are looking for.  

And you can always stay one night there and rent a car to head to key west and spend the night at a Marriott property in Key West or along the way back to Miami. Then stop at the zoo on your way back.

• Like 1

We always stay at the doubletree which shares a lobby with marriot, great selection of restaurants and bars in lobby , good Italian, Japanese, delis , stores etc .

42 minutes ago, George C said:

We always stay at the doubletree which shares a lobby with marriot, great selection of restaurants and bars in lobby , good Italian, Japanese, delis , stores etc .

That's a great location to stay at, it's just a Hilton property not a Marriott. 

21 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

That's a great location to stay at, it's just a Hilton property not a Marriott. 

There is a Hilton across the street from Doubletree and Marriott, the one restaurant in Marriott has a fabulous view of the harbor and a large bar I believe the name is Casablanca.

27 minutes ago, George C said:

There is a Hilton across the street from Doubletree and Marriott, the one restaurant in Marriott has a fabulous view of the harbor and a large bar I believe the name is Casablanca.

I only mentioned that the Doubletree was a Hilton property as the OP was looking for Marriot properties only. 

You are right, that is Casablanca on the Bay. They have a great happy hour.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Based on my number of points have it narrowed down to Marriott Biscayne Bay   or JW Mariott Bricknell. Residence Inn south beach or the Moxy.  i like the Biscayne bay because of the queen beds. 

any recommendations for any  of these?

the reviews on TripAdvisor are soo mixed for all properties some love it some truly hate it.   ugh 😞

1 hour ago, cxr133 said:

Based on my number of points have it narrowed down to Marriott Biscayne Bay   or JW Mariott Bricknell. Residence Inn south beach or the Moxy.  i like the Biscayne bay because of the queen beds.

The Moxy Miami is the nicest hotel in the best location.