Crown Princess - ship tour?

Muffinz

We are on Crown Princess in December 2024 and I was wondering if Princess do a 'ship tour' on embarkation day?

I'm not talking about an in-depth tour of the kitchens / laundry...etc... but if they do brief one of the ship showing where the dining rooms / buffet / bars / pools are?

Posted (edited)

They "used to" have a ship's tour included with the Bon Voyage Experience.  Sadly, that was discontinued way before the pandemic.  Part of the "fun" of exploring a new ship is to do your own tour.  

There really are only 4 main decks (Lido, Plaza, Fiesta, and Promenade).  The outliers are aft Deck 6 (far removed MDR) and Skywalker/SPA on opposite ends of the ship.

The Grand/GEM class ships are very easy to get around.  Use Deck 7 as your "highway".

Do a YouTube search and you will find many video tours.

Edited by cr8tiv1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

They "used to" have a ship's tour included with the Bon Voyage Experience.  Sadly, that was discontinued way before the pandemic.  Part of the "fun" of exploring a new ship is to do your own tour.  

There really are only 4 main decks (Lido, Plaza, Fiesta, and Promenade).  The outliers are aft Deck 6 (far removed MDR) and Skywalker/SPA on opposite ends of the ship.

The Grand/GEM class ships are very easy to get around.  Use Deck 7 as your "highway".

Do a YouTube search and you will find many video tours.

thanks - yes we've watched dozens of ship tours on YouTube... but thought it would be nice do an actual one

do you still have to do a muster drill and report to a Muster station? I think I read (on here probably) that it's now done by the App or stateroom TV?

21 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

do you still have to do a muster drill and report to a Muster station? I think I read (on here probably) that it's now done by the App or stateroom TV?

Usually, watch it on the stateroom TV first then report to your muster station. 

3 minutes ago, [Big Z] said:

Usually, watch it on the stateroom TV first then report to your muster station. 

If you are unable to get into your room early, find a nice spot to sit and watch the drill on your personal device.  You could even watch it after you order your lunch (in the MDR) and before it arrives.  

This is a good start to your tour.  “Find your muster station.”  You can do either/or first.  

Just be sure each of you signs in on separate devices. You both can watch it on the stateroom tv.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

If you are unable to get into your room early, find a nice spot to sit and watch the drill on your personal device.  You could even watch it after you order your lunch (in the MDR) and before it arrives.  

This is a good start to your tour.  “Find your muster station.”  You can do either/or first.  

Just be sure each of you signs in on separate devices. You both can watch it on the stateroom tv.

do we need to sign in to say we've watched it or something?

how long does it take to watch?

Edited by Muffinz

Posted (edited)

I don’t recall the details (on auto-pilot) …lol 

On the TV, it pops up when you turn it on.  Can’t get past it until you watch.

I think….you watch it through your app.  No need to connect to internet.  But you will have to connect to ship’s intranet.

It’s pretty intuitive.  You’ll figure it our.  Won’t take you more than 15 minutes.

Edited by cr8tiv1

3 hours ago, Muffinz said:

Once you board you visit your muster station and scan your medallion to show you were there. This can be done while you are waiting for your cabin to be ready. If you don't know where your muster station is located ask any crew member. Crew members with yellow caps are stationed at the muster stations and around the ship.

You must watch the complete muster video either on your cabin tv or on your smart device. Your tv will be locked until that step is completed.

There is no more going to the muster station with life jackets.

The two steps can be done in any order. It is easier to just visit the muster station first while you are already on deck 7 where the stations are located. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, skynight said:

Once you board you visit your muster station and scan your medallion to show you were there. This can be done while you are waiting for your cabin to be ready. If you don't know where your muster station is located ask any crew member. Crew members with yellow caps are stationed at the muster stations and around the ship.

You must watch the complete muster video either on your cabin tv or on your smart device. Your tv will be locked until that step is completed.

There is no more going to the muster station with life jackets.

The two steps can be done in any order. It is easier to just visit the muster station first while you are already on deck 7 where the stations are located. 

thanks for that - very helpful

Edited by Muffinz
spelling

On 4/12/2024 at 4:07 AM, skynight said:

It is easier to just visit the muster station first while you are already on deck 7 where the stations are located. 

Exactly how we have done it, reversed the order and do muster station first then when cabin is open and while unpacking watch the video on the cabin TV 👍

• Like 1