Acoustic guitar query?

Freignotfrieg

So many views, yet no replies...I'll tell you why no one has answered.  It's because no one wants to tell you that they really hope you won't even consider bringing your guitar (bag pipes, accordion, kazoo, violin.....and certainly not your child's recorder even though the music teacher says they have to practice) because as talented as you probably are, no one wants to hear you play.  If you play on your balcony, your neighbors will be disturbed.  And even though it's acoustic, the cabin walls are still thin, so again, your neighbors will be disturbed.  There really is no place for you to play it, so it's advisable that you leave it at home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, gizfish said:

So many views, yet no replies...I'll tell you why no one has answered.  It's because no one wants to tell you that they really hope you won't even consider bringing your guitar (bag pipes, accordion, kazoo, violin.....and certainly not your child's recorder even though the music teacher says they have to practice) because as talented as you probably are, no one wants to hear you play.  If you play on your balcony, your neighbors will be disturbed.  And even though it's acoustic, the cabin walls are still thin, so again, your neighbors will be disturbed.  There really is no place for you to play it, so it's advisable that you leave it at home.

Agree 100%. Only reason I didn’t initially respond to the OP is because I figured it may be a troll just trying to start some “stuff” with what they probably know is a controversial subject. I’m always suspect of posts like these from first time posters. 

On 4/12/2024 at 5:13 AM, Freignotfrieg said:

Has anyone taken a guitar on board, & would it be advisable to take as hand luggage?

Thanks in advance.

Absolutely not.  I already posted about just that a couple of months ago in YC. Someone was playing in YC. It is a prohibited item.