Princess Premier and specialty dinner reservations

drpclarke

Hello travel friends!

Helping a client with her Princess Royal cruise. She upgraded to Princess Premier, and gets two specialty dinners. A few questions for you (as I'm on everlasting hold with Princess customer service)..

1. It says two specialty dinners. Is that two for two people, or just one dinner for two people together?

2. The client tried to book specialty dining today, and she was asked for her credit card number. If she has Princess Premier, what is her credit card being charged for? 

Thanks, everyone!

Rachel

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, drpclarke said:

Hello travel friends!

Helping a client with her Princess Royal cruise. She upgraded to Princess Premier, and gets two specialty dinners. A few questions for you (as I'm on everlasting hold with Princess customer service)..

1. It says two specialty dinners. Is that two for two people, or just one dinner for two people together?

2. The client tried to book specialty dining today, and she was asked for her credit card number. If she has Princess Premier, what is her credit card being charged for? 

Thanks, everyone!

Rachel

2 per person as listed on the Princess website. 

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, drpclarke said:

Hello travel friends!

Thanks, everyone!

Rachel

Yes, quite a few people have also tried booking their complimentary dinners, two per guest, and have been asked for their credit card.  I had no problem booking them with no credit card prompt to pay.  I believe that if you pay, upon boarding a trip to GS will have the amount charged applied as refundable OBC.

A few of our members contacted Princess and received this response.  However, I don’t recall anyone coming back to report if they were successful.  Hopefully, someone will chime in who has experienced this.

If you can get bookings at all that is. I tried to book within days of the booking becoming available through the app and all times in all restaurants were already fully booked! I am in a suite so I will likely ask the concierge to see if he can obtain bookings otherwise the 2 included speciality dining meals with Premier will be lost 😞 

I can echo 'Lady Arwen'. We will be on the Caribbean Princess and I have booked our two Specialty dinners on the day and time I wanted. The total cost came up as $0.00.  

11 hours ago, FancyPants21 said:

If you can get bookings at all that is. I tried to book within days of the booking becoming available through the app and all times in all restaurants were already fully booked! I am in a suite so I will likely ask the concierge to see if he can obtain bookings otherwise the 2 included speciality dining meals with Premier will be lost 😞 

I suggest you book as soon as you board.  Princess does not prebook all available spots in advance.  The speciality restaurants on the 4/6 Enchanted cruise were very busy.

• Thanks 1

We booked on the Royal in January 2024 for a February 2026 cruise w/premier package.  I was able to immediately book our 2 (each) specialty dinners through the app w/out having to pay in advance.  For whatever reason I find that signing into the app with my booking number instead of user name and password seems to work better.  

• Like 1

We are in a suite on the Sun Princess in July.   I have tried to book for several days and it always reads no dates available.   Going to give up and book when we get on the ship.

36 minutes ago, Hobby3333 said:

We are in a suite on the Sun Princess in July.   I have tried to book for several days and it always reads no dates available.   Going to give up and book when we get on the ship.

Reservations on the Sun have not opened up past 5/31 at this point.  I'm sure they'll be opening up dates soon.