Simple questions in using the Starbucks package

If I buy the Starbucks  package can I use it on embarkation day and immediately upon boarding? Will the Java Café & Bar be open?

Does anyone have a recent daily schedule from Norwegian Jade on the atrium coffee bar 🕰️ hours of operation? 

And the last day of the package will be a turn-around day for me, what's the latest on that day I can use it before it 'expires'? 😫

356 days and counting. 😁

🎉

10 minutes ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

I don’t know the answers to your first and third questions, but today’s Jade Freestyle Daily shows the hours of operation as 6am to 10pm.

I'm an early riser so that will be an excellent way to start the day with some breakfast at O'Sheehan's. 👍

• Like 1

Yes it will be open on embarkation day. I don’t know for sure when it closes on disembarkation day, but I’m quite sure that I got a coffee on that day on my last cruise (different ship).

The hours quoted above sound about right for the opening hours during the cruise.

Basically I don’t recall ever wanting a coffee and finding it closed.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

I'm an early riser so that will be an excellent way to start the day with some breakfast at O'Sheehan's. 👍

Not sure if you are aware, but o’Sheehans should be able to serve you at least some of the Starbucks options with your breakfast. I often get an espresso with breakfast there.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

If I buy the Starbucks  package can I use it on embarkation day and immediately upon boarding? Will the Java Café & Bar be open?

On the Joy, I had Starbucks relatively early on embarkation day.  I couldn't access the ship's wifi and the Internet cafe was next door (and had a loooong line.)  Turns out, the problem resolved itself; I guess they just hadn't activated the new packages yet.  The Starbucks in the Observation Lounge had shorter hours but I don't recall those specifics.

• Like 1

Just now, phillygwm said:

On the Joy, I had Starbucks relatively early on embarkation day.  I don't remember the exact time but no later than early afternoon.  I couldn't access the ship's wifi and the Internet cafe was next door (and had a loooong line.)  Turns out, the problem resolved itself; I guess they just hadn't activated the new packages yet.  The Starbucks in the Observation Lounge had shorter hours but I don't recall those specifics.

9 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

ill be a turn-around day for me, what's the latest on that day I can use it before it 'expires'? 

I can't speak to the Jade specifically, but we are just off the Encore and coffee was available 6:00 a.m. - 8:30 am.

All ashore is normally about 9:30 a.m., so closing just before that makes sense. You needed to be out of your room by 8:00. For consideration, by 7:30 am, the elevators (going up or down) will be mostly unusable with people departing. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Not sure if you are aware, but o’Sheehans should be able to serve you at least some of the Starbucks options with your breakfast. I often get an espresso with breakfast there.

I heard this was also true of the main dining room as well, that you could get some of the Starbucks options that weren't of the iced versions? 

13 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

I heard this was also true of the main dining room as well, that you could get some of the Starbucks options that weren't of the iced versions? 

Yes, most dining venues will serve coffee. From memory I think it is usually Espresso, Latte and Cappuccino listed on the menus. I don’t know whether they will also get others if you request them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

I can't speak to the Jade specifically, but we are just off the Encore and coffee was available 6:00 a.m. - 8:30 am.

All ashore is normally about 9:30 a.m., so closing just before that makes sense. You needed to be out of your room by 8:00. For consideration, by 7:30 am, the elevators (going up or down) will be mostly unusable with people departing. 

I will have to make sure to grab a coffee or two before it closes on turnaround day. lt'll be interesting to see how that works on NCL, and in Whittier. I've done several B2Bs on Celebrity Cruise and Princess Cruises, always making sure that I have the same room for both legs. I've booked a cabin amidships Deck 5, so maybe I can hang out in the atrium for a while until they round us up for the 'in transit march'. And I'm sure the elevators will be a hot mess.

I don't plan on having the Starbucks package on the second part of this journey, I think probably after +3 weeks I'll be all coffeed out. 

4 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Yes, most dining venues will serve coffee. From memory I think it is usually Espresso, Latte and Cappuccino listed on the menus. I don’t know whether they will also get others if you request them.

Those are usually my go-to options. I've never had any of the Frappuccino iced versions listed on the Java Café menu board, but I'm sure going try at least one or two a day for the first two weeks while we're down in the hot and humid climates. I think that will be pretty refreshing. 

21 hours ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

I don’t know the answers to your first and third questions, but today’s Jade Freestyle Daily shows the hours of operation as 6am to 10pm.

If you are on Norwegian Jade now - by your post it sounds like it - if you're able to grab an updated picture of the Java Café menu boards and what it is that they offer in the café part. That would be greatly appreciated!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

If you are on Norwegian Jade now - by your post it sounds like it - if you're able to grab an updated picture of the Java Café menu boards and what it is that they offer in the café part. That would be greatly appreciated!!! 

I’ll try to get one tomorrow. Yes I am on the Jade now. Just left Aruba and headed to Curaçao now.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

I’ll try to get one tomorrow. Yes I am on the Jade now. Just left Aruba and headed to Curaçao now.

I've been following her on the bridge cam! Very exciting, and soooo jealous! 🥰

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

Here’s the case

IMG_1970.jpeg

THANK YOU! 🥰

I think that I'll have to try one of each, 😉 and imagine those would go very good with a cappuccino. 

Just now, Distinctive-Destinations said:

I don’t know if they are included or not. I think they are $2 each. 

We typically don’t eat cookies, no idea. Sorry.

I forget exactly how much I paid for the macarons from the patisserie onboard Anthem of the Seas but they were also around that price.