Has anyone gotten a response from AQV to their claim?

2 minutes ago, windango said:

That’s interesting because our paperwork indicates we won’t get payment unless they have the release form signed.

Argonaut will review the completed Argonaut Proof of Claim and all documentation, as part of its continuing evaluation of your claim. If approved, Argonaut will send you a Release and Assignment for review. Argo will remit payment to customers that have provided a completed W-9 and a signed Release and Assignment.

That must have been the first set we received.  One was a W-9 that we filled out and I can't remember what the other one was...apparently a release also...which is the one we had to have notarized in Southampton while on another cruise.   

They cut the check after I emailed those, from the date of the check of 8/12.  We did not get home until 9/10.  The check was in our held mail.  So now...another release form I received...and will sign and notarize that one as well...but then again ...kind of redundant.  But...will jump through this last hoop....and finally..finally...done.   

I have been checking this topic ever since it started. I am fortunate to not be in the situation so many people are--my cruise sailed and I didn't have another booked. But I know how angry I would have been if a company sat on my money for so long. 

Every time I saw that there was a new post I would hope to see good news and so many times it was reports of no progress. I am so happy to FINALLY see progress--and an actual refund!!! I can't imagine the frustration with all of this waiting and filling out forms and more waiting. I hope everyone who is owed money will get their refunds. It's ridiculous to have taken this long, but at least the money seems to be moving at last. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2024 at 12:46 PM, windango said:

That’s interesting because our paperwork indicates we won’t get payment unless they have the release form signed.

Argonaut will review the completed Argonaut Proof of Claim and all documentation, as part of its continuing evaluation of your claim. If approved, Argonaut will send you a Release and Assignment for review. Argo will remit payment to customers that have provided a completed W-9 and a signed Release and Assignment.

When I compared the one I got two days ago, to the one I sent on 7/26...they were the same form.  I scanned the original form plus W-9 and sent to the email address that sent the second form.  I attached the originals and asked why they wanted me to fill that form again with notary?  Way too many redundant forms.  In our hold mail I had two different letters pertaining to the ongoing process...which were sent six each.  What a waste of paperwork!  

The important thing is I did get the refund check in full, which has been deposited in my account.  

21 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I have been checking this topic ever since it started. I am fortunate to not be in the situation so many people are--my cruise sailed and I didn't have another booked. But I know how angry I would have been if a company sat on my money for so long. 

Every time I saw that there was a new post I would hope to see good news and so many times it was reports of no progress. I am so happy to FINALLY see progress--and an actual refund!!! I can't imagine the frustration with all of this waiting and filling out forms and more waiting. I hope everyone who is owed money will get their refunds. It's ridiculous to have taken this long, but at least the money seems to be moving at last. 

I had really kissed that 19K goodbye a long time ago, figuring I would never see my refund.  Wow...can't believe...after all the crap I went through with them and forms I had to fill out...I finally got it.  

• Like 1