Shore excursion cancellation policy

KirkNC

We don’t often book ship excursions so it’s possible I misunderstood the rule.  We are being told it’s 48 from port arrival not 48 before the tour.  In our case, we are overnighting in Mumbai.  Our arrival is in 48 hours but the tour is the second day which is 72 hours.  Has the 48 rule changed?

It has on Journey some were also 72 hours ahead - also a high number are non cancellable eg where lunch is included 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

We don’t often book ship excursions so it’s possible I misunderstood the rule.  We are being told it’s 48 from port arrival not 48 before the tour.  In our case, we are overnighting in Mumbai.  Our arrival is in 48 hours but the tour is the second day which is 72 hours.  Has the 48 rule changed?

Their Legal & Ts&Cs pages are a mess!

It's not specified for North America, but is for UK, where the page reads: image.thumb.png.77bbf7ff0a627cdd7689a8a2d10ec9bc.png

Edited by fruitmachine
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, fruitmachine said:

Their Legal & Ts&Cs pages are a mess!

It's not specified for North America, but is for UK, where the page reads: image.thumb.png.77bbf7ff0a627cdd7689a8a2d10ec9bc.png

This is the confusing picture that we currently have in journey in other words very much depends on the excursion what the cancellation deadline is.

IMG_5768.thumb.jpeg.9bf951fb567e77be5293a25a00b445e0.jpeg

I believe it has been quite forcibly applied from what I’m hearing and also that guests who were unwell were not given a refund unless they visited the ship doctor before the excursion

Sadly this meant a large number of excursions had guests who should not have been on the bus. There are no repeated statements that if you have a cough cold or unwell you should not join the tour. There is also no freely available masks eg at Guest Relations. 

This Cruise the amount of coughing and I mean really bad coughing that is now prevalent is the worst I’ve ever seen in over 40 Azamara cruises.  
We sat on a bus for 10 hours with a woman who should have been in her bed and who did not even have the courtesy to wear a face mask or cover her mouth when she was having coughing fits.
The guide was very uncomfortable with this and offered her medicine sweets to try and stop her coughing  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, uktog said:

This is the confusing picture that we currently have in journey in other words very much depends on the excursion what the cancellation deadline is.

IMG_5768.thumb.jpeg.9bf951fb567e77be5293a25a00b445e0.jpeg

I believe it has been quite forcibly applied from what I’m hearing and also that guests who were unwell were not given a refund unless they visited the ship doctor before the excursion

Sadly this meant a large number of excursions had guests who should not have been on the bus. There are no repeated statements that if you have a cough cold or unwell you should not join the tour. There is also no freely available masks eg at Guest Relations. 

This Cruise the amount of coughing and I mean really bad coughing that is now prevalent is the worst I’ve ever seen in over 40 Azamara cruises.  
We sat on a bus for 10 hours with a woman who should have been in her bed and who did not even have the courtesy to wear a face mask or cover her mouth when she was having coughing fits.
The guide was very uncomfortable with this and offered her medicine sweets to try and stop her coughing  

Unless those cancellation deadlines were communicated when the excursions were booked, then UK-based (and other countries covered by the formal Ts&Cs have a case for a refund.  That's all made much more difficult though if OBC was used to pay for them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

Unless those cancellation deadlines were communicated when the excursions were booked, then UK-based (and other countries covered by the formal Ts&Cs have a case for a refund.  That's all made much more difficult though if OBC was used to pay for them.

Fortunately we didn’t have to cancel any but I wish the guests who had hacking coughs had 

• Like 3

Just want to point out that you are in Japan in the spring and many people have springtime allergies.  I'm sure that there are quite a few people going who should be wearing a mask or should be staying on the ship because they are sick with a cold, etc.  However, there are many people, my DH for example, who suffer from springtime allergies.  We were on in March when things were just starting to bud and flower.  He had to take his meds as his allergies started when we hit our first Japanese port.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, crzrr said:

Just want to point out that you are in Japan in the spring and many people have springtime allergies.  I'm sure that there are quite a few people going who should be wearing a mask or should be staying on the ship because they are sick with a cold, etc.  However, there are many people, my DH for example, who suffer from springtime allergies.  We were on in March when things were just starting to bud and flower.  He had to take his meds as his allergies started when we hit our first Japanese port.

It’s not allergies coughs. They aren’t typically coughing fits. They are very different and for the last week we’ve beyond the areas affected. 

• Haha 1