Symphony Lecturers Barcelona to Lisbon July 11, 2024

jssabs

I tried searching the board but could not find anything.  Does anyone have a listing of the lecturers and entertainers scheduled for the July 11, 2024 Barcelona to Lisbon Symphony cruise?

45 minutes ago, jssabs said:

I tried searching the board but could not find anything.  Does anyone have a listing of the lecturers and entertainers scheduled for the July 11, 2024 Barcelona to Lisbon Symphony cruise?

Some info is available on Crystal's website, at this point...  It looks like they have some of the folks assigned for Symphony's July 11th sailing.  If you go to the "Ship Overview" tab and scroll down, there's a section titled "Entertainment on this Ship" under the dining that has preliminary lecturers and entertainers (when available).  Here's what they have so far:  

https://www.crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-csy-007-240711?menu=ship_overview

As it's always been, subject to change.

Vince

• Thanks 1

Slightly off-topic, but FWIW, guest lecturers and entertainers have been populated on pretty much all itineraries through the end of the year on the Crystal website. Just follow Vince's guide for the particular voyage you might be interested in following. (Not his Barcelona cruise specific link above.)

I was curious if there were any "star" speakers or entertainers scheduled on the current world cruise. I was surprised to see Melinda Gates as a speaker on the Cape Town-Tema segment next month.

https://www.crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-cse-011-240505?menu=ship_overview

Rob

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Txcotn said:

I don't think Melinda Gates looks like Melinda French Gates, Bill Gates' ex.

You are correct. I should have dug a little deeper before posting. This is her bio from the Crystal website. Sorry for creating any type of confusion here. Still sounds like she may have some interesting stories to tell.

"Melinda Bates is the first person in history to be a Special Assistant to the President and Director, White House Visitors Office for all eight years of any administration. From her elegant East Wing office she organized events both large (the annual Easter Egg Roll) and small (Presidential birthday parties.) Her day might begin with breakfast with Tom Hanks, a State Visit, lunch with Michael Douglas, tea with the Queen of Sweden or Dr. Ruth, and dinner seated next to the President of the United States. She welcomed many thousands of visitors to the White House, including all the most interesting celebrities, royals, politicians. In the morning the beautiful former Queen of Greece and in the afternoon the Grateful Dead. On the same day. No problem! Thanks to her historic years there Melinda is a leading authority on White House social history and the author of a popular memoir, White House Story."

Edited by ryndam
typo

33 minutes ago, ryndam said:

Slightly off-topic, but FWIW, guest lecturers and entertainers have been populated on pretty much all itineraries through the end of the year on the Crystal website. Just follow Vince's guide for the particular voyage you might be interested in following. (Not his Barcelona cruise specific link above.)

I was curious if there were any "star" speakers or entertainers scheduled on the current world cruise. I was surprised to see Melinda Gates as a speaker on the Cape Town-Tema segment next month.

https://www.crystalcruises.com/cruises/none-cse-011-240505?menu=ship_overview

Rob

I've been perusing the full list a couple of times in the past few months, and I've been pretty impressed with it.  It's nice to see a lot of new names and faces, but it's also awesome to see some beloved favorites in there too.  I'd still love to see a little more diversity perspectives, backgrounds, and subjects on the lecturer side, but overall it's a step in the right direction.

BTW, I had the same reaction to that speaker...  I was like, "That's definitely not "that" Melinda Gates...  And sure enough when I clicked in, it's not any Melinda Gates.  lol

Vince

Thank you all for your responses and Vince thank you for the link.  That is exactly what I was looking for.  This will be our 14th Crystal cruise and the second on the new Crystal. I agree with others who have said that Crystal is better than ever.  I am a little disappointed with their website as I find it difficult to navigate.  I had previously found the page that Vince. linked me to a while ago but now when I tried to get back to it, I couldn't do so as I didn't remember how I got to it in the first place.  Hopefully, the website is a work in progress and they will make it easier to navigate in the future

• Like 1