Thoughts on the NEW Dining Options starting Sept 14, 2024

mikjr

I have heard of the new arrangements and it blends in great with what we like. Fixed dining, second sitting. I doubt though we will be asked for our preference until I have paid the balance which is on the horizon as Princess have emailed me with a reminder. 

I am a newbie to Princess. On Celebrity you can make dining reservations as soon as cruise is made. When can you start making dining reservations on Princess? I hear some saying not until final payment. Any help?

1 hour ago, t00thpix said:

I am a newbie to Princess. On Celebrity you can make dining reservations as soon as cruise is made. When can you start making dining reservations on Princess? I hear some saying not until final payment. Any help?

Booked our October 2025 Princess cruise on 9 April 2024. Made DMW reservations on that day. June I'll have to rebook DMW reservations  due to the new dining changes that were announced after I initially booked.  Also took care of all 8 requirements on the app to be in the green line. 

31 minutes ago, doghog said:

Booked our October 2025 Princess cruise on 9 April 2024. Made DMW reservations on that day. June I'll have to rebook DMW reservations  due to the new dining changes that were announced after I initially booked.  Also took care of all 8 requirements on the app to be in the green line. 

7 not 8 pre cruise requirements. 

On 4/15/2024 at 11:01 PM, BamaVol said:

Only reservations for cruises departing Septmber 14 or later will be cancelled.  My June 15 reservations will stay.

one of the YouTube cruise bloggers ran an unscientific poll last week and got 3,000 replies. Only 18% want traditional dining.  I project an imbalance.

I'm not surprised. The last time we at in traditional was 2006. It was about the time they had introduced anytime dining and the main dining room in traditional was 1/2 empty every night. On some nights our table mates went to anytime dining. It was a new concept and I guess passenger didn't understand that you didn't have a choice between both dining types just because you booked traditional. 

7 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Looks to me that they're going back to the way it used to be...before they messed with it.

More or less... I think they heard the complaints.

15 hours ago, t00thpix said:

We are also newbies to Princess.  My understanding is that you can't make dining reservations until final payment is made unless you're Elite or Platinum level.

Some folks may also book and pay immediately so they could make reservations then. 

We're waiting to finish paying till close to the final payment date which for us is August 12.  I figure if I have to cancel between now and August then money they haven't received they don't have to refund and it can earn interest in my high yield savings account instead of making money for Princess. We'll take our chances on reservations after we make the final payment.