Thoughts on the NEW Dining Options starting Sept 14, 2024

mikjr

We have cruise booked for 2026, and had already booked MDR reservations for all nights.  On Sunday I received an email notifying me that these reservations would be cancelled, and that I could make new ones starting today (April 17).  However, all of my old reservations are still there.  Will that continue to be the case?  Stay tuned!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JordanF said:

We have cruise booked for 2026, and had already booked MDR reservations for all nights.  On Sunday I received an email notifying me that these reservations would be cancelled, and that I could make new ones starting today (April 17).  However, all of my old reservations are still there.  Will that continue to be the case?  Stay tuned!

My notification for our November sailing said you could make reservations starting June 17th. Our old reservation is also still listed despite them saying they cancelled them. I wouldn’t be concerned about it. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, richsea said:

My notification for our November sailing said you could make reservations starting June 17th. Our old reservation is also still listed despite them saying they cancelled them. I wouldn’t be concerned about it. 

Bad reading on my part.  My email also does say June 17th for re-booking.  Only 674 days till embarkation!

2 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

I work in a restaurant as a server and do not like guests who show up within minutes of closing usually the kitchen is already closing down so we push for them to order right away and service is rushed so I cam understand where the staff is coming at when you get people showing up at the end of service.

You've go that right.

It's just inconsiderate to force the staff after working long hours to accommodate people eating arriving at the last minute to have to work even longer. They'll never say anything directly to you but I can only imagine what they must be thinking. 🤔

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, memoak said:

On the Ruby now showed up at 8:15 in Reserve dining was given a menu and pushed to order right away. Dining staff running all over the dining room frantically. Pushed out in 30 minutes will never eat there again will forgo reserve class and just eat in Botticelli

Gosh, I hope this is an anomaly rather than the standard. I'm going to dinner in a restaurant, I don't expect it to be a 30 minute rushed affair. It's meant to be a relaxed, enjoyable experience.

2 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Gosh, I hope this is an anomaly rather than the standard. I'm going to dinner in a restaurant, I don't expect it to be a 30 minute rushed affair. It's meant to be a relaxed, enjoyable experience.

Agree. Wasn't that way on our recent Enchanted cruise in the MDR (Amalfi). Our waitstaff was very accommodating and friendly. We wouldn't have put up with any of that. We would have stopped the servers immediately and then complained (yes complained!) to the MD or one of the Head Waiters. We eat at our own pace. Not others. Another reason we select a two top. Five courses and a couple rounds of wine each night. Then we would have mentioned it on our PCS. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doghog said:

Agree. Wasn't that way on our recent Enchanted cruise in the MDR (Amalfi). Our waitstaff was very accommodating and friendly. We wouldn't have put up with any of that. We would have stopped the servers immediately and then complained (yes complained!) to the MD or one of the Head Waiters. We eat at our own pace. Not others. Another reason we select a two top. Five courses and a couple rounds of wine each night. Then we would have mentioned it on our PCS. 

At what time.

The rushed experience described was for someone arriving at 8:15.

What are the published hours for the various dining rooms on the Sun.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, avonlady6390 said:

I work in a restaurant as a server and do not like guests who show up within minutes of closing usually the kitchen is already closing down so we push for them to order right away and service is rushed so I cam understand where the staff is coming at when you get people showing up at the end of service.

45 minutes to an hour is not last minute. I spent many a year working in restaurants and it was assumed that clearing and doing side work after close was expected. Harassing diners to order an hour or so before closing is abuse of customers and will create less tips believe me. We went to Botticelli dining at an hour before closing and were treated wonderfully. It is the Manager in Reserve Class that is the problem. As we used to say “The fish stinks from the head”

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TRLD said:

At what time.

Why the Sun. The post I quoted was about the Ruby?

I have no idea what the MDR published hours were for the three MDRs on the Enchanted. We had 6:PM reservations every night for DMW. Same table. That was all I needed to know.  Sometimes we'd show up a little earlier, but never later than 6:PM. When we left between 7 and 7:15 PM there was always a long line that filled the entrance and extentened up the staircase.  

Edited by doghog

Just now, TRLD said:

At what time.

5-9 on the Ruby. Please pay attention to earlier posts

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, memoak said:

5-9 on the Ruby. Please pay attention to earlier posts

I did not ask about the Ruby, I was asking about the Sun, if you read my post. Which is theone ship already operating under the new rules.

The other part of my question was what time the non rushed person was eating compared to the one with the rushed experience.

Edited by TRLD
  • Thanks 1

Just now, doghog said:

OK. Are you going to at the end of your cruise?

We will continue to eat at the Bottticelli dining room around 8:00 where we know we will be treated with respect and where the managers set a much better tone

21 hours ago, memoak said:

I will see the captain at MYG lunch tomorrow 

What is a MYG lunch??

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, 555 said:

What is a MYG lunch??

Fat fingers. MTP. Most traveled passengers AKA MTG Most traveled guests. They have changed the name a few times

Edited by memoak
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, memoak said:

Fat fingers. MTP. Most traveled passengers AKA MTG Most traveled guests. They have changed the name a few times

From the most recent ones I have been in they should name it MTCL.

2 hours ago, TRLD said:

From the most recent ones I have been in they should name it MTCL.

We were at a lovely table good food no complaining and good conversation 

7 hours ago, Redrobo said:

Deck 5 aft is Soleil dining room

Soleil is Deck 5 Midship, Estrella is Deck 6 Midship, and the aft MDR on Deck 6 down the back stairs or elevator is Cielo.