Vibe Policy Change?

I recently booked the Viva out of San Juan for February ‘25. While booking it says the Vibe is “too soon to book” and come back 120 days out. The only offering is a cabana rental. Is this a new policy? A glitch? Or does this mean the Vibe is already sold out 11 months in advance? 

1 hour ago, SteveM812 said:

I recently booked the Viva out of San Juan for February ‘25. While booking it says the Vibe is “too soon to book” and come back 120 days out. The only offering is a cabana rental. Is this a new policy? A glitch? Or does this mean the Vibe is already sold out 11 months in advance? 

There is definitely not a firm policy about "when" the Vibe passes first become available.  

We are booked on the Prima in July 2025 and I can buy the passes today, if I wanted to do so.

$329pp for 10-day.

5 hours ago, SteveM812 said:

While booking it says the Vibe is “too soon to book” and come back 120 days out.

Where exactly did you see that?  Are you sure it was for Vibe that you saw it and not dining?  You went under "entertainment" to book Vibe, right.

If you had said someone told you 120 days, I'd say that person was confused.  If it's actually online and not for dining, then that would be interesting.

25 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Where exactly did you see that?  Are you sure it was for Vibe that you saw it and not dining?  You went under "entertainment" to book Vibe, right.

If you had said someone told you 120 days, I'd say that person was confused.  If it's actually online and not for dining, then that would be interesting.

Under Vibe it literally says too early to book.

IMG_4858.png

49 minutes ago, SteveM812 said:

Try posting a question to others on your roll call to see if anyone has successfully purchased passes on your cruise.  
perhaps it is “sold out”.  

Posted (edited)

That is strange.  We booked the vibe on Prima for last years cruise almost a year out and we booked the vibe on Escape for our cruise later this year almost a year out.  Good luck.  Hope it works out for you.  Maybe someone who has booked the vibe on Viva before can chime in.  Must be a different policy depending on the ship.

ETA -  Maybe go with the cabana rental.  Access to vibe comes with it I think for not much more than the cost of 2 vibe passes.

Edited by seemoreroyals

7 hours ago, SteveM812 said:

I’ve got friends who booked Vibe (regular passes, $269 each) two months ago for this cruise.  Last week another friend went to book it and it only let him buy a cabana.  My guess is regular pass is sold out. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SteveM812 said:

IMG_4858.png

I have seen that on one of my cruises. The date it gave me was the final payment date. But I kept checking and it allowed me to book it before then. 

I just checked. It was my Viva cruise scheduled for Nov 2024. It said come back 8/1/24. 

Edited by reeinaz

Make sure that you are looking through the Website and not the APP. I could not order through the APP, but “bingo” it was on the website. This was just my experience, other people on the same cruise didn’t have the issue, it’s worth checking out.

8 hours ago, SteveM812 said:

I had this on my Panama Canal cruise, I would call them to see if they can tell you if it’s available, as we waited until final payment then it went to sold out. We managed to score some passes. 

if the cabana is available I’d grab them and see if they can do swap it out. 

Posted (edited)

We're also booked on a February Viva cruise (end of the month). I just checked and it is showing as available (both cabanas and the regular passes).

Get off the app and go on a computer. The app is decent, but it doesn't show everything. I've had this issue before booking things. I can't do it on the app, but have zero issues on an actual computer.

Edited by brookie848

11 hours ago, SteveM812 said:

IMG_4858.png

I agree with others, try the web site, call, and if those don't work then keep checking back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brookie848 said:

We're also booked on a February Viva cruise (end of the month). I just checked and it is showing as available (both cabanas and the regular passes).

Get off the app and go on a computer. The app is decent, but it doesn't show everything. I've had this issue before booking things. I can't do it on the app, but have zero issues on an actual computer.

Yea- I checked on the website but no luck. I may do a mock booking to see.

18 hours ago, SteveM812 said:

Did you contact NCL? Or just come here?

5 minutes ago, Beaver1975 said:

Did you contact NCL? Or just come here?

I did and was getting different answers so I came here to see if anyone had a similar experience.

2 minutes ago, SteveM812 said:

I did and was getting different answers so I came here to see if anyone had a similar experience.

...and have you received a "correct" answer here?

Posted (edited)

I think too soon to book is a glitch, but what it actually means is it's sold out. You're gonna get to the 120 day mark and it will just say "not available to book" instead.

If it's actually available, your PCC or anyone else via chat or phone should be able to book it on your behalf. If they can't do it either, it's definitely sold out (and they won't know that because their system doesn't tell them why either).

I ran into that when I was trying to book the inaugural on the Viva. Don't make the same mistake I did and wait till 119 days and eat the 25% cancellation fee lol. I ended up spending the next 25 or whatever days constantly refreshing hoping someone cancelled but no go. Cancelled the cruise and took my lumps. 

Edited by macewank

42 minutes ago, macewank said:

I think too soon to book is a glitch, but what it actually means is it's sold out. You're gonna get to the 120 day mark and it will just say "not available to book" instead.

If it's actually available, your PCC or anyone else via chat or phone should be able to book it on your behalf. If they can't do it either, it's definitely sold out (and they won't know that because their system doesn't tell them why either).

I ran into that when I was trying to book the inaugural on the Viva. Don't make the same mistake I did and wait till 119 days and eat the 25% cancellation fee lol. I ended up spending the next 25 or whatever days constantly refreshing hoping someone cancelled but no go. Cancelled the cruise and took my lumps. 

Thats what I wanted to make sure about. I’ll keep the cabana and will check if there are cancellations.

12 hours ago, kelib said:

Make sure that you are looking through the Website and not the APP. I could not order through the APP, but “bingo” it was on the website. This was just my experience, other people on the same cruise didn’t have the issue, it’s worth checking out.

This is it right here.  The APP doesn't have as many selections as the Website.

i wonder if it's only available to book after you've paid for the cruise?  I booked and paid in full for a cruise and bought the vibe passes while booking.  I have another cruise in October that's showing "too early to book", but I've only put a deposit down on that one.  

7 minutes ago, tstahl said:

i wonder if it's only available to book after you've paid for the cruise?  I booked and paid in full for a cruise and bought the vibe passes while booking.  I have another cruise in October that's showing "too early to book", but I've only put a deposit down on that one.  

Since they started preselling the Vibe passes in the summer of 2022, I have always been able to secure the passes very far out of final payment.   

5 minutes ago, tstahl said:

No. Your cruise doesn't have to paid off to book Vibe. I would say it's a glitch, or maybe this is what it says before it actually releases the passes for sail. I have only encountered it once. I never use the app for anything until I am onboard. I have passes for all my cruises that are on a ship that has Vibe, except my 2026 cruise.

2 hours ago, SteveM812 said:

Thats what I wanted to make sure about. I’ll keep the cabana and will check if there are cancellations.

That is what I would do also if I just wanted the Vibe pass and not the cabana.    However, I would definitely check every day.    What sailing are you on in February?