Time to reserve dining

I am getting close to reserving dining for my cruise. Does anyone know what time it opens up? It says I can reserve it on the 23rd. Should I stay up overnight on the 22nd? I live in EST if that helps.

26 minutes ago, CroozeNoob said:

I am getting close to reserving dining for my cruise. Does anyone know what time it opens up? It says I can reserve it on the 23rd. Should I stay up overnight on the 22nd? I live in EST if that helps.

If you have your heart set on certain restaurants on certain days &/or times, you probably will benefit from staying up past midnight to make the reservations.  Be sure to book any "Set-Fee" restaurants (such as: Moderno) first, before booking the rest, otherwise you will be charged up-front.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

If you have your heart set on certain restaurants on certain days &/or times, you probably will benefit from staying up past midnight to make the reservations.  Be sure to book any "Set-Fee" restaurants (such as: Moderno) first, before booking the rest, otherwise you will be charged up-front.

I have the specialty dining pass that comes with FAS, and purchased two more. Is there anything special I need to do reservation wise?

Just now, CroozeNoob said:

I have the specialty dining pass that comes with FAS, and purchased two more. Is there anything special I need to do reservation wise?

If you know where and when you will want to eat, make yourself notes of when and which restaurants.  (You do not need to make them in date order!!!  However, do start with any that require a fee, and then get as many done as possible.)

If not in the Haven/Suites, upper Latitudes, you might run into some "availability" issues for day/times you want, due to the fact they have already been able to book prior to 120 days.

I hope some of this info is helpful for you.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, CroozeNoob said:

Nope. You determine at the time of dining how you are going to pay. The reservation system does not care. BUT,,, as pointed out by @ggTexasGal, you need to make fixed restaurant reservations first (Teppanyaki or Moderno). 

When you show up to dinner, you tell the hostess at the podium how you want to pay. Any Specialty Dining Package credit (SDP - either the ones that come with Free at Sea, Free at Sea Plus, Free at Sea upgrade, purchased SDP package), Latitude Vouchers (for top-tier Latitude members), other vouchers, or pay "cash"/ room charge. 

• Like 1