B2B wine question

w&k

Hi folks-

Doing a B2B in a couple weeks, and we are planning to bring 4 bottles of wine for the 2 of us. 

According to the FAQ this is fine, but they are supposed to collect the 2nd cruise bottles, and bring them to us.  Does anyone know who/where collects them?  Or are we supposed to go somewhere to turn them in? 

Thanks so much for your help!

Alcohol and Beverage Policy
Guests sailing with us on back to back cruises are entitled to bring on board the same quantity as stated in this policy, per cruise. The additional quantities will be stored for safekeeping at the start of the first cruise and will be given to the guest as each following cruise begins. 

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633

Posted (edited)

I have never had anyone collect or hold any of  our bottles.  Just keep all four bottles in your cabin on the first cruise.  They do all have to be carried on, not put in your checked luggage. 

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

5 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I have never had anyone collect or hold any of  our bottles.  Just keep all four bottles in your cabin on the first cruise.  They do all have to be carried on, not put in your checked luggage. 

Same here. Maybe they messed up but we have always just kept ours.

8 hours ago, w&k said:

Hi folks-

Doing a B2B in a couple weeks, and we are planning to bring 4 bottles of wine for the 2 of us. 

According to the FAQ this is fine, but they are supposed to collect the 2nd cruise bottles, and bring them to us.  Does anyone know who/where collects them?  Or are we supposed to go somewhere to turn them in? 

Thanks so much for your help!

Alcohol and Beverage Policy
Guests sailing with us on back to back cruises are entitled to bring on board the same quantity as stated in this policy, per cruise. The additional quantities will be stored for safekeeping at the start of the first cruise and will be given to the guest as each following cruise begins. 

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633

Hi 

Don't worry, they might or might not ask to keep your extra bottles. They haven't asked to keep mine lately, either. If they don't allow you to keep your extra two bottles they will show you where to give them in. If they do, they will either deliver them to your cabin on the last night of the first cruise or you will be asked to pick them up.

One benefit of the B2B cruises (whether they collect extra bottles or not) is that they give back extras at the end of the first cruise. You can buy more during that cruise and they will give them back after that first cruise. I imagine, that as long as you don't make it look obvious, you are able to bring on whatever you want, either at embarkation day or during the first cruise, and have anything they confiscate available for the second cruise.

I have brought 4 bottles of wine, without them confiscating the extra two, and consumed them during that cruise, and purchased additional bottles during that cruise that were available for the next.