Alaska 2024 Press Release 4/18/2024

7 hours ago, CastMember 02 said:

Here is a press Release from Holland America Line this morning 4/18/2024

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/us/news/2024/April/news-041724-holland-america-line-set-to-debut-new-glacier-day-alaska-experiences

Looks like a great Alaska season planned.

We will be on the Westerdam in the beginning of June. I’m curious to see what those cocktails are. 

• Like 1

I recall something similar announced last year, as we had these options on our Westerdam Alaskan cruise.  My wife loved her Glacier Ice drink!  That ice lasted through three drinks and several plain glasses of water!  (You could get the drink cheaper as a refill)

4 hours ago, jhannah said:

The seafood boil sounds great to me! I recently attended one on Princess, and it was amazing!

Sounded good to me.  It is served in approximately 4 inches of very hot liquid. I would consider it "seafood soup" eaten with your fingers and quite a messy process.  Ask for extra napkins.

I've seen the seafood feasts on Princess and Celebrity and Cunard, and the people look a little silly, sitting there in bibs. I really do miss the pea soup on an open bow, even if it's freezing, and I really love that HAL makes such an effort to provide excellent regional dishes (and now entertainment) based on itinerary. So on Koningsdam recently I was happy to see lots of local dishes, although I also remember pre-Covid that they did a huge Mexican buffet night once, as well as a deck salmon cookout in Alaska, and in Mexico they'd have 'Mexican ambassadors' along to do language classes and dancing/singing

• Like 1