Live Celebrity Constellation 23 April 2024 Rome to Ravenna

surfnsun

@AG2 Something else i forgot to mention in case they didn't tell you is the hotel will offer you a complementary trip to Murano for a glass making demonstration.  The whole trip takes about an hour and a half.  They pick you up at the hotel and drop you back at the square.

This was our second tour in Venice and during our last full day.  Another great tour and as you'll see in the boat photos and videos, not for the mobility challenged or prone to motion sickness.  The boat tide to our first stop was an hour...

Screenshot_20240506_201744_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

great posts... Two ques I have..does the canal water look  and smell clean?  And is the air very humid,?

My sense of smell is horrible,  although there were a few spots that did not smell good.  Mostly I didn't smell anything bad.  It was not clear, that's for sure.  The air is very humid.  I never had a good hair day, or good hair minute for that matter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, surfnsun said:

My sense of smell is horrible,  although there were a few spots that did not smell good.  Mostly I didn't smell anything bad.  It was not clear, that's for sure.  The air is very humid.  I never had a good hair day, or good hair minute for that matter. 

thanks.. I have hair that frizzes in Fla, on cruises,  and esp parts of Italy..so I have ways to tame it.

But breathing in humid air is sometimes stressful which is why I asked!  Also arthritis can flare.. but does not sound extreme there.

Posted (edited)

For such a lively place, Venice is very quiet at 3.45am which is when we met our private limousine boatro from the hotel pier for our Miami Vice type trip to Marco Polo Airport.  Earlier,  I reported our trip to the airport would cost 200EUR, but it was 150EUR, preferably cash.  Needless to say, we ended our 3 week vacation with our suitcases full of souvenirs for us and gifts for friends and family.  And a photo gallery very full of moments we can look back on while we dream for the next time we are fortunate to experience more amazing destinations.  Thank you for following along!  Ciao!

20240507_034558.jpg 

20240507_034954.jpg 

20240507_035026.jpg 

20240507_035257.jpg 

20240507_035312.jpg 

Edited by surfnsun
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Thank you so much for an absolutely fabulous review. I have enjoyed every moment reading about your trip and seeing your wonderful photos. Thank you for taking so much of your time during your cruise to keep us all entertained, providing great information and showing us all the fantastic places you went. Thank you again! 😊

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

Thank you so much for an absolutely fabulous review. I have enjoyed every moment reading about your trip and seeing your wonderful photos. Thank you for taking so much of your time during your cruise to keep us all entertained, providing great information and showing us all the fantastic places you went. Thank you again! 😊

My pleasure!  May all your travels be memorable and safe!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, surfnsun said:

For such a lively place, Venice is very quiet at 3.45am which is when we met our private limousine boatro from the hotel pier for our Miami Vice type trip to Marco Polo Airport.  Earlier,  I reported our trip to the airport would cost 200EUR, but it was 150EUR, preferably cash.  Needless to say, we ended our 3 week vacation with our suitcases full of souvenirs for us and gifts for friends and family.  And a photo gallery very full of moments we can look back on while we dream for the next time we are fortunate to experience more amazing destinations.  Thank you for following along!  Ciao!

20240507_034558.jpg 

20240507_034954.jpg 

20240507_035026.jpg 

20240507_035257.jpg 

20240507_035312.jpg 

WOW!

All of your photos & video's of Venice are fantastic, I love the night time ones.....eerily beautiful!

Hope you enjoyed your "James Bond" experience, 😉 shame it was dark.

Safe travels home & many thanks again for a fantastic report!

I'll leave you with a photo I wanted to share with you.....probably will never see this sight again 😊

074~2.JPG

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Chrisclaire said:

WOW!

All of your photos & video's of Venice are fantastic, I love the night time ones.....eerily beautiful!

Hope you enjoyed your "James Bond" experience, 😉 shame it was dark.

Safe travels home & many thanks again for a fantastic report!

I'll leave you with a photo I wanted to share with you.....probably will never see this sight again 😊

074~2.JPG

Thank you so much!  And I like the James Bond reference better than Miami Vice.  The Bond dudes are much cuter!  Appreciate the photo!  Days gone by, for sure.  We saw an Italian River Cruise parked not to far but that was it as far as cruises.  It's been great to virtually meet you and fun to have you follow along!🤗  Hugs!

• Like 1

Dear Surfnsand,

Thank you again for sharing your amazing trip to Italy and Croatia with us (and being my P.I. 😎). It has been a pleasure following you along. 🙌🏻

I’ll miss hearing about your adventures, seeing your beautiful pictures and getting a daily dose of surfnsand humour. 

Safe travels back home!
Grazie Mille!!! 🇮🇹❤️

☺️ Jannike 

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2024 at 11:00 PM, surfnsun said:

That's a pretty funny story as it's a very popular drink in Italy.  For a couple weeks now, I've asked servers and bartenders for an Apertif Spritz and getting looks of confusion and a sometimes questions I couldn't understand.  So I would show them a picture and they would nod and walk away.  At one point, I even said to the server, I just know it's orange and yummy.  It wasn't until yesterday when I watched them mix the drink that I saw them pour the alcohol and the bottle read Apersol.  So, the drink is called an Apersol Spritz, made with Apersol, prosecco, and club soda.

I am just now reading through this short novel and loving it and all your wonderful photos.  I had to chuckle at your trying to explain the Aperol spritz.  Last year on our transatlantic on the Beyond I kept asking for one and several bars told me they didn’t have the Aperol.  Well we were on a ship tour and on that tour we saw where supplies are kept.  I saw two cases of Aperol and  took a photo for proof.  I said “aha I’ve been told you are out of Aperol.  I’m going to show this to the bar tender”. Guess what Aperol suddenly started appearing and I was a happy camper!

IMG_1621.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Thanks for the wonderful review.  It was great fun following along.

We too had an early morning flight from Venice on our trip years ago.  Vaparettos were on strike, and we hadn't made plans for an arranged pickup.  My husband decided it might be best if we walked ...two kids, bags in hand, we walked the entire distance at 3.30am in the morning.  Very quiet, so different from the day time!   Lots of little bridges and even the little one (my 6 yr old) carried his own bag up and down the bridges.  Both kids remember that morning walk even today.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CruiseSWE said:

Dear Surfnsand,

Thank you again for sharing your amazing trip to Italy and Croatia with us (and being my P.I. 😎). It has been a pleasure following you along. 🙌🏻

I’ll miss hearing about your adventures, seeing your beautiful pictures and getting a daily dose of surfnsand humour. 

Safe travels back home!
Grazie Mille!!! 🇮🇹❤️

☺️ Jannike 

Have a wonderful  cruise!  I'm excited for you!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Thanks so much.  I have so enjoyed reading your very entertaining daily reports.  Wish you safe home and many future adventures.  We are doing Ravenna to Rome on Constellation in two weeks!

Thank you and have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, mauimary said:

I am just now reading through this short novel and loving it and all your wonderful photos.  I had to chuckle at your trying to explain the Aperol spritz.  Last year on our transatlantic on the Beyond I kept asking for one and several bars told me they didn’t have the Aperol.  Well we were on a ship tour and on that tour we saw where supplies are kept.  I saw two cases of Aperol and  took a photo for proof.  I said “aha I’ve been told you are out of Aperol.  I’m going to show this to the bar tender”. Guess what Aperol suddenly started appearing and I was a happy camper!

IMG_1621.jpeg

Oh now that's funny!  I did get the feeling a time or two that some of the crew might have been unfamiliar with it!

1 hour ago, sushraya said:

Thanks for the wonderful review.  It was great fun following along.

We too had an early morning flight from Venice on our trip years ago.  Vaparettos were on strike, and we hadn't made plans for an arranged pickup.  My husband decided it might be best if we walked ...two kids, bags in hand, we walked the entire distance at 3.30am in the morning.  Very quiet, so different from the day time!   Lots of little bridges and even the little one (my 6 yr old) carried his own bag up and down the bridges.  Both kids remember that morning walk even today.  

Oh wow!  I can't imagine that!  Certainly makes for memories and I probably should of thought about that to work off lots of calories after 3 weeks!😆