Transfer of luggage between ships, sailing on the same day from the same port

bananavan

We are sailing on the Queen Anne Maiden World Voyage. 
We return to Southampton on April 27. 2025
We are considering booking QM2 to return to NYC on the same day. 
Does anyone have any experience with the transferring of luggage between two ships? 

To the best of my knowledge you have to take from one ship/terminal to the other ship/terminal. Also bear in mind that you will be disembarking a lot earlier than you will be able to check in on the other ship.

And for your next question - no there is no luggage storage facilities at Southampton.

17 minutes ago, david63 said:

To the best of my knowledge you have to take from one ship/terminal to the other ship/terminal. Also bear in mind that you will be disembarking a lot earlier than you will be able to check in on the other ship.

And for your next question - no there is no luggage storage facilities at Southampton.

Thanks for answering the next question. I am aware that there is no luggage storage at the port, but I will not be needing that anyway. 

From the Cunard website -

Question

Is there a transfer between ships when I am travelling on back to back cruises on different ships?

Answer

Yes, if you are travelling on back to back cruises and you require a transfer between Cunard ships in Southampton we will arrange this for you if it is on the same day.

Full details will be provided on board.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had no trouble transferring from Queen Victoria to Queen Mary 2 in 2023. It was arranged by the pursers office. We left our bags outside our door on the last night as usual, and they were in our new stateroom soon after we got on board QM2. There was a coach that transferred us between the ships. We were the last people to leave Queen Victoria and when we boarded QM2 we were able to go straight to our stateroom, but that may have just been luck.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, safarigal said:

We had no trouble transferring from Queen Victoria to Queen Mary 2 in 2023. It was arranged by the pursers office. We left our bags outside our door on the last night as usual, and they were in our new stateroom soon after we got on board QM2. There was a coach that transferred us between the ships. We were the last people to leave Queen Victoria and when we boarded QM2 we were able to go straight to our stateroom, but that may have just been luck.

Thank you so much for this information Lesley.  
I mentioned to Alan that we are going to be sending our formal wear ahead to San Francisco using a luggage forwarding service and we will do the same for the return if we disembark in NYC. Doing so from Southampton would be insanely expensive. 
We are in QG on the Queen Anne but going back to the US in First Class would cost us more than a sheltered balcony on QM2. AND we would be able to adjust better to the time changes.

• Like 1

Just now, bananavan said:

Thank you so much for this information Lesley.  
I mentioned to Alan that we are going to be sending our formal wear ahead to San Francisco using a luggage forwarding service and we will do the same for the return if we disembark in NYC. Doing so from Southampton would be insanely expensive. 
We are in QG on the Queen Anne but going back to the US in First Class would cost us more than a sheltered balcony on QM2. AND we would be able to adjust better to the time changes.

Queen Mary 2 has become our ferry of choice! Cheaper than BA, and much more fun 🙂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bananavan said:

We are sailing on the Queen Anne Maiden World Voyage. 
We return to Southampton on April 27. 2025
We are considering booking QM2 to return to NYC on the same day. 
Does anyone have any experience with the transferring of luggage between two ships? 

Transferring from Cunard ship to another  ON THE SAME DAY -  You will receive  luggage labels specific for your 'Onward Voyage'.

Luggage is put outside your stateroom in the usual procedure. You'll collect your luggage from the baggage area and take it to 'dedicated Cunard transport' ( you be directed from  Cunard representative) you can either travel with your luggage to the cruise terminal for your onward voyage  OR  you can make your own way later in the morning. ( after an hour or two in Southampton ?) 

On arrival at the cruise terminal you identify your luggage and agree for a porter to put it through the hole in the wall .

You check-in as normal .

I've experienced this on two occasions over the years - from  East bound QM2 to Queen Victoria .

No problems.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, 

Thanks for the information. Similar to the original poster, I am booked on the Queen Anne's world cruise and then transferring to the QM2 in Southampton for the crossing back to New York. I am doing this so that I have a complete world circumnavigation round trip from New York. This sounds like an easy process. 

Chuck

8 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

Thanks for the information. Similar to the original poster, I am booked on the Queen Anne's world cruise and then transferring to the QM2 in Southampton for the crossing back to New York. I am doing this so that I have a complete world circumnavigation round trip from New York. This sounds like an easy process. 

Chuck

It's all very easy transferring from one Cunard ship to another, no hassle at all . You'll find that you are not the only QA guest doing the same .

• Like 1