Connect HDMI device to TV on Celebrity Eclipse

italnsd

5 minutes ago, jlburke said:

But, I'm very concerned now about our upcoming cruise because we really need to be able to access a couple of things from our computer to our tv during our cruise.   Is there really no way that an HDMI can be connected to the tv's on the Eclipse?  

I’m truly curious what can’t be done on the computer without mirroring the TV screen? 

I'm sorry, but I truly am "technologically-challenged" and so I guess I just worded my question wrong.  My husband founded a company during his career and, during that time, he designed equipment that was used in an annual sports event.  That event is very near and dear to him and he attended that event on many occasions.  He just turned 80 years old and has limited mobility now and uses a walker to get around.  I know this is a long story, but basically we are wanting to watch this sports event on the tv screen and not on our small computer screens or phones.  

The gold/yellow looking plug in the first pic is a right angled hdmi plug which is the source feed from the ship. Unplug that, then plug your own private (Firestick or what ever) into that slot. No need to change inputs on the front of the tv (because you can't). When your finished watching your private source, replug that adapter back in where it belongs to watch cruise ship programming. I just got off the Reflection this morning. That is what I had to do......easy peasy.

Not sure this will help since the OP is currently on board, but we bought an inexpensive GE universal remote from Amazon that works with the on board tvs. Have used it on dozens of cruises with no hiccups to override the tvs default settings and access the hdmi ports.