In Room Amenities

Wow...you joined Cruise Critic in 2008 and you're just now going on your first cruise? That is a whole lost of restraint, IMHO.

Don't be afraid to lean on your booking agent (PCC or TA) for information on the amenities included with your cabin/cruise. They are being paid to ensure that you have this information.

Studio cabin - as for amenities in the cabin you get pump dispensers of hand soap by the sink and body wash and shampoo in the shower.  There will be bottles of water (I believe a San Pellgrino and another glass bottle plus a carton of water), all charged if you consume them.  There's also a hair dryer and an assortment of towels.

11 minutes ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Wow...you joined Cruise Critic in 2008 and you're just now going on your first cruise? That is a whole lost of restraint, IMHO.

Don't be afraid to lean on your booking agent (PCC or TA) for information on the amenities included with your cabin/cruise. They are being paid to ensure that you have this information.

I booked myself online. 

32 minutes ago, skier05 said:

Can someone tell me what amenities are included in your room.

Thanks in advance.

The room itself is like a hotel room. Basically, somewhere to sleep. 

Like most hotels today, there is liquid dispensers for hand soap next to the sink. And liquid dispensers in the shower with body wash and shampoo/conditioner. 

image.png.a5b3780f9f3a12ec6586f7ed269b7be9.png

You also have access to the studio lounge which also has coffee and snacks. 

Example only... Studio Lounge on the Prima

image.png.2e15beb9d78c236a256243ab308df009.png

image.png.d2bde3129cb11dd0985b361a8fe7320f.png

image.png.1b62be86aef2b4145aeb56c83ae82644.png 

image.png.121c40e24a22bbf984e055689065bfef.png

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skier05 said:

Can someone tell me what amenities are included in your room.

Thanks in advance.

My private premium tip: You will find all that information for each specific ship on their website. 😉

1 hour ago, CruiseMH said:

My private premium tip: You will find all that information for each specific ship on their website. 😉

Thanks, You can find most information with google or the ships website.  I like to ask questions here to get up to date and individual experiences.😉

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jackieodonnell said:

What's the lesson?

Um, life is easier when you use an educated professional? Especially since using a knowledgeable PCC or TA doesn't cost you any money.

In this instance the OP acted that their own TA and made a booking without the knowledge of the basic amenities that come with that booking. It seems only logical to wonder...what else might have been missed out on simply because the OP didn't know? Of course, you hope it is nothing, but you can't be certain.

Just my 2 cents.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Um, life is easier when you use an educated professional? Especially since using a knowledgeable PCC or TA doesn't cost you any money.

In this instance the OP acted that their own TA and made a booking without the knowledge of the basic amenities that come with that booking. It seems only logical to wonder...what else might have been missed out on simply because the OP didn't know? Of course, you hope it is nothing, but you can't be certain.

Just my 2 cents.

Well, I have booked plenty of trips on my own (cruises as well as others) and in general have had no issues. Sure, a good TA is great but in my opinion not really necessary if you do not have very specific needs and do some research. And if OP has been hanging around cruisecritic for over a decade I assume they will be fine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Capitan Obvious said:

Just my 2 cents.

I don't see the lesson but I think the poster will be just fine. 😀

• Like 1

I've never used a TA, because I want all the detail control, but I also do research before booking. So I already know the amenities.

So what makes the Studio cabins nice is they're cozy like Star Trek starship cabins. I've only been in the one on the Escape so far, but loved the coffee machine, the water/juice station and the quiet place to sit and contemplate. They did have cookies, cakes, pastries and fruits, but I can't vouch for those, not having consumed them.

As folks said, the rooms have: liquid soap dispenser, "conditioning" shampoo, body wash, hair dyers, towels, usually 2 closets and some storage depending on which ship. Hair dryer. A couple of US plugs, a Euro plug, a low voltage razor plug and possibly a USB plug in a bed lamp. 

There's no mini-fridge in the Studios. I also have them remove the overpriced bottled beverages from my cabin.