Celebrity Summit Sky Suite Question/Room Service/Boarding

First, let me apologize if these issues have been previously addressed, I have searched the boards and am finding conflicting information. This is my first time in a suite, picked one up very last minute for the May 24 Alaska Northbound.

It appears that Retreat folks have priority boarding but I am not sure what that means.  Is it like airline priority boarding except it is not announced? If I arrive at Vancouver BC port and there is a long line do I need to wait in that line or can I go inside and find the Retreat check in area? I want to do the correct thing here. Usually we just enjoy a nice brunch while everyone else boards then arrive around 1:30. The terminal is usually slow at that time.

Also, I have conflicting information regarding the room service menus. When I booked the cruise the Celebrity Agent put me on hold to ask if room service breakfast can be ordered from Luminae. She told me I could indeed order eggs benedict for room service.  Was she incorrect? What room service menus will we have access to? Can we order Sushi for room service? Takeout?

Also, it looks like there is not a table in the Skye Suite, is there some way the cabin stewards make in-room dining happen? Bring table in from balcony, etc?

Thank you very much for your help, reading cruise critic board is very helpful.

Posted (edited)

I can answer the food portion of your question. Suite room service is not available from Luminae (It may be offered to the PH or other high-level suite). But there is an upgraded room service menu and eggs benedict are on that menu for delivery, which is complimentary for suites.  With respect to sushi, you still have to pay for it and I have done take out from Sushi on 5 many times. For Sky Suites, it may be butler dependent on whether they will fetch it for you. I've had it delivered but have been in a Royal suite or above. 

Edited by dcbiker97

When we boarded Summit last month there was a sign for retreat passengers so we bypassed large lines and went to a suite area to do checkin , very quick , they also offered soft drinks and snacks. Love the lobster rolls offered in Luminae on first day for lunch only. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much!

dcbiker97 Regarding take out sushi, can I preorder for pickup or do I have to go into the restaurant to order? No problem with paying i know it is extra.

Also, I have the App going now and on the two last nights Luminae says "Venue Closed." Is this accurate? Do they let very large groups reserve the entire restaurant? Should I reserve dinner in another restaurant or just wait and see what appears later?

Thanks for your patience, I am a little anxious as this is my very first vacation since May 2019. Out of practice lets say.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No worries. You can call to place your order and they'll tell you approximately how long it will take. I've even done it from a house phone to bring back to my spot at the pool.

The App is never accurate for dining times or menus until the sailing (and even then may be inaccurate). But Luminae is never closed for breakfast or dinner. The app is just not right. 

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EntrechatatSea said:

Thank you so much!

dcbiker97 Regarding take out sushi, can I preorder for pickup or do I have to go into the restaurant to order? No problem with paying i know it is extra.

Also, I have the App going now and on the two last nights Luminae says "Venue Closed." Is this accurate? Do they let very large groups reserve the entire restaurant? Should I reserve dinner in another restaurant or just wait and see what appears later?

Thanks for your patience, I am a little anxious as this is my very first vacation since May 2019. Out of practice lets say.

The dining info and menus you see in the app are for the current sailing of the ship you are booked on.  So if the ship is currently doing a 7N sailing it will show venue closed or nothing beyond night 7. 

3 hours ago, EntrechatatSea said:

Luminae is the MDR for Suite passengers.  Large groups can not reserve the venue.

Keep an eye out in the next few weeks for how Vancouver is doing boarding.  They tend to tweak it season to season, but Canada Place is often a hot mess.  In years' past, priority didn't get you much of anything in terms of getting past security and immigration.  Any cruise line specific priority would only help for the parts of the process they control (check-in).  Cruises earlier in the season also tend to be more chaotic than later in the year, and of course the number of ships on the day you're sailing is a factor.  Check out the West Coast Departures board and also monitor the upcoming trips that people on Celebrity will be posting about. 

We boarded at Canada Place last Sept. As we entered there was a sign for The Retreat. Everything was smooth. It has been years, but I have seen Canada Place boarding to be trying.