BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2024

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Thanks for the posts @Yaya_in_Oz

I note on your patter for Riga that it stated original passports needed to be carried ashore.

Where these checked leaving or rejoining the ship ?

Have there been any other ports so far where mandatory carriage of passports is required ? 

We had immigration on the ship in Cobh as previously mentioned. Word went out rather late in Zeebrugge so some on shore excursions had to reboard to get their passports. We have been asked to carry them at every port since although they have never been checked. I’ll ask why at some stage. I’m over on the Suomenlinna Fortress giving my ankles a break from the cobblestones. 17K steps in Riga yesterday mainly on cobblestones and Tallinn tomorrow… more cobblestones! Am I having fun yet 😄!

Edited by Yaya_in_Oz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Apparently one port required passports so to avoid confusion or inconvenience it was decided it was best we carry original passport.

Visby is a hidden gem. I walked a bit in the old walled town then went on ships excursion to old country church, coastal fishing village, interesting boat shaped grave, stone gallows and another walk visiting landmarks in the old town.

Fog horn went most of the night or so it seemed, every couple of minutes. I went outside about 2 am and it was foggy. About 5 am You could see the houses etc. on islands that were very close so looking forward to sail away when I should be wide awake.

Recent Patters

IMG_4400.jpeg

IMG_4401.jpeg

IMG_4438.jpeg

IMG_4439.jpeg

IMG_4380.jpeg

IMG_4381.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Coral Princess is in Stockholm, Sweden today:

coral-bridge18062024.jpg

stockholmsinlopp-1-128018062024.jpg

coralprincess18062024.jpg

This is her first overnight port of call for this cruise.

I hadn’t even thought of it before but some folks like to book a hotel on these overnight stops and do their own thing. Great idea if you can afford it!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cbtours said:

I’ve been watching for updates 😁 halfway wow! It goes so quick

It certainly does. I'll try to do a summary of the rest of the trip to date in a couple of days time.

I caught the cough that was going around the ship just as we arrived at Gran Canaria. Luckily the symptoms didn't ramp up until we were heading back to the ship after our half day excursion. I stayed in the cabin that evening and the whole of the next day and, thank goodness, felt well enough to do our Tangier excursion (wearing a mask) although it knocked me back a bit so I haven't felt like posting much. Luckily I was fully over it by the time we reached Belgium as the last couple of weeks have been full on. 

• Like 3

Its time to get off, probably just as well before I become institutionalised 😄. The time has gone so quickly. I feel blessed that I was able to do a WC segment, ordinarily beyond my financial means. Its very laid back with lots to do. I went to almost all the shows and entertainers at least once. They were all very good having worked in West End, Vegas, Broadway etc. as well as some folkloric groups. I usually went at 9 pm when it was not quite so packed so I missed the show that was shut down. Apparently someone was not as expected, Don't know what happened there. Never heard of it happening before.

I also watched the Destination Expert videos at least twice. It was handy that most of them were on the TV already when I embarked at Cape Town. I also bought the Internet for $23 a day for 4 or 5 days so I could also do research on the ports among other things and of course today to check in and print my boarding passes. Most of the ports in Europe had free wi-fi in port or nearby which was well utilised by passengers. So its hard to say how many had packages. I did bring on a few bottles of wine in Cobh but the alcohol person was MIA so the security staff just waived me through and said 'enjoy' as it was only wine not spirits.

They certainly put it on for the folks leaving today with a great buffet luncheon then an invitation to a variety show put on by the resident entertainers. Both the CD and her deputy sang. They were very good. I'm not used to CD's singing! We also got a Thankyou cake delivered to our room. At the end Team members came from all over the place to the sounds of "Simply the Best". I really enjoyed it all and they gave everyone a free champagne or whatever you wanted before the show. A nice touch.

Now Captain Perra is getting off, the Production Cast is getting off, my steward is getting off and then joining the Sun in a few months and between 500 and 700 of us are getting off depending on who you talk to but ship pretty much full after Dover.

No, I did not eat any cake but I couldn't say no to sushi and raw fish!

I fly to Singapore on an A380 and then have to codeshare on Q on a Airbus 330 I think but I've bought an aisle seat so I'll be right. Besides Sing- Melb is positively local. Then I'm off on the Diamond again on Sep 4 to defrost after the Melb winter.

I wish everyone continuing and those joining a great onward cruise and look forward to reading any updates.

A few pics of my last day aboard.

IMG_4971 (1).jpg

IMG_4972 (1).jpg

IMG_4976 (1).jpg

IMG_4977 (1).jpg

IMG_4978 (1).jpg

IMG_4987 (1).jpg

IMG_4991 (1).jpg

IMG_4993 (1).jpg

IMG_5007 (1).jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It certainly does. I'll try to do a summary of the rest of the trip to date in a couple of days time.

I caught the cough that was going around the ship just as we arrived at Gran Canaria. Luckily the symptoms didn't ramp up until we were heading back to the ship after our half day excursion. I stayed in the cabin that evening and the whole of the next day and, thank goodness, felt well enough to do our Tangier excursion (wearing a mask) although it knocked me back a bit so I haven't felt like posting much. Luckily I was fully over it by the time we reached Belgium as the last couple of weeks have been full on. 

Glad you’re well again 🥰

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

Its time to get off, probably just as well before I become institutionalised 😄. The time has gone so quickly. I feel blessed that I was able to do a WC segment, ordinarily beyond my financial means. Its very laid back with lots to do. I went to almost all the shows and entertainers at least once. They were all very good having worked in West End, Vegas, Broadway etc. as well as some folkloric groups. I usually went at 9 pm when it was not quite so packed so I missed the show that was shut down. Apparently someone was not as expected, Don't know what happened there. Never heard of it happening before.

I also watched the Destination Expert videos at least twice. It was handy that most of them were on the TV already when I embarked at Cape Town. I also bought the Internet for $23 a day for 4 or 5 days so I could also do research on the ports among other things and of course today to check in and print my boarding passes. Most of the ports in Europe had free wi-fi in port or nearby which was well utilised by passengers. So its hard to say how many had packages. I did bring on a few bottles of wine in Cobh but the alcohol person was MIA so the security staff just waived me through and said 'enjoy' as it was only wine not spirits.

They certainly put it on for the folks leaving today with a great buffet luncheon then an invitation to a variety show put on by the resident entertainers. Both the CD and her deputy sang. They were very good. I'm not used to CD's singing! We also got a Thankyou cake delivered to our room. At the end Team members came from all over the place to the sounds of "Simply the Best". I really enjoyed it all and they gave everyone a free champagne or whatever you wanted before the show. A nice touch.

Now Captain Perra is getting off, the Production Cast is getting off, my steward is getting off and then joining the Sun in a few months and between 500 and 700 of us are getting off depending on who you talk to but ship pretty much full after Dover.

No, I did not eat any cake but I couldn't say no to sushi and raw fish!

I fly to Singapore on an A380 and then have to codeshare on Q on a Airbus 330 I think but I've bought an aisle seat so I'll be right. Besides Sing- Melb is positively local. Then I'm off on the Diamond again on Sep 4 to defrost after the Melb winter.

I wish everyone continuing and those joining a great onward cruise and look forward to reading any updates.

A few pics of my last day aboard.

IMG_4971 (1).jpg

IMG_4972 (1).jpg

IMG_4976 (1).jpg

IMG_4977 (1).jpg

IMG_4978 (1).jpg

IMG_4987 (1).jpg

IMG_4991 (1).jpg

IMG_4993 (1).jpg

IMG_5007 (1).jpg

Thanks for a great report. A WC segment is about the only way we could do it so it’s been interesting reading your perspectives. 🥰

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

Then I'm off on the Diamond again on Sep 4 to defrost after the Melb winter.

@Yaya_in_Oz

I see from your photos of the farewell you had Malcolm from South Africa onboard.

I think he is Customer Services Manager or similar.

He is a good guy, and fun to talk with.

Especially last year with the Rugby World Cup on.

I'll catch up with you on Diamond as I have a couple of port logistic questions.

Thanks again for the posts.

• Like 1