Saint Greg's Carnival Horizon ABC - Live - April 27, 2024

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

This is that Cuban coffee explanation that I got in little Havana. So the one I had here yesterday is the one I drank there. This is the heavy milk one which explains why it tastes like milk. Then the one they have on the ship that I haven’t tried is the one with lite milk.

IMG_7744.jpeg

It’s a different color than what I had here.

IMG_7746.thumb.jpeg.6a5c51f737c0ce6a8357ee487ee280a9.jpeg

IMG_7391.thumb.jpeg.0409f0b367afc30e151c4e3adde8dcd5.jpeg

The different color on the top one is the crema from the whipped sugar, but underneath that, would most likely be similar.  From the sounds of it, they aren't actually whipping the sugar first, which, to be fair, can take upwards of 2-3 minutes to produce a crema.  I guess you have to pick your battles.  Brown sugar vs. white sugar aside, the difference in taste from whipped vs. not is pretty negligible to me, but maybe a slightly more velvety shot.

28 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

I knocked ours off about 5 times on Celebration, in two different room locations.  I don't think there is an action to correct, other than a install better units.

Mine came off twice the first day but I haven’t had it happen in my other rooms.

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Dalibor made this with the same instructions 

IMG_7535.thumb.jpeg.dcdd1492fb1bbace931e514d157f0c67.jpeg

IMG_7536.thumb.jpeg.f0e864466f61bacc84715b0c792da605.jpeg

Dalibor is awesome.  We were on  Horizon in February and thought he was going back home to Montenegro to start his and wife online women's clothing business.  Maybe soon.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

The different color on the top one is the crema from the whipped sugar, but underneath that, would most likely be similar.  From the sounds of it, they aren't actually whipping the sugar first, which, to be fair, can take upwards of 2-3 minutes to produce a crema.  I guess you have to pick your battles.  Brown sugar vs. white sugar aside, the difference in taste from whipped vs. not is pretty negligible to me, but maybe a slightly more velvety shot.

It’s different sugar. It’s less sugar. And yeah it’s not whipped. He asked if I wanted sugar which I don’t get. That’s part of the recipe. And he just lightly sprinkled white sugar on the top. Doesn’t look or taste the same to me.

• Like 1

I was on a different side of the dining room with a different wait staff. But while I was waiting for my food Augusto, who i mentioned was great yesterday, walked by really fast and said “enjoy your breakfast, Greg.”

• Like 20

Oh my room safe doesn’t work. I’m not sure if I should ask them to fix it or not. I don’t really want people in my room all day. But I know if I don’t say anything it’ll just carry over to whoever has that room next. I haven’t pulled my money out of my backpack yet. Maybe I should ask them to fix it while I’m in port tomorrow.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Post brunch coffee line 12 at Javablue. 1 at plaza bar.

Do they have the same coffee items at the plaza bar?  I didn't understand why they had 2 coffee locations right next to each other, and I never saw a (coffee) menu for the plaza bar, so I always waited at Java Blue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dlphn501 said:

Do they have the same coffee items at the plaza bar?  I didn't understand why they had 2 coffee locations right next to each other, and I never saw a (coffee) menu for the plaza bar, so I always waited at Java Blue.

It’s the same menu.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StephPS79 said:

I knocked ours off about 5 times on Celebration, in two different room locations.  I don't think there is an action to correct, other than a install better units.

Or duct tape of course! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

weird. They have regular orange juice right?

NCL has fresh squeezed orange juice that's included in the Premium Plus package or regular orange juice that's included with the regular package...

• Like 6

Just now, sid_9169 said:

NCL has fresh squeezed orange juice that's included in the Premium Plus package or regular orange juice that's included with the regular package...

Okay so just like the fresh squeezed lemonade in P&A. But here I know they tell people this isn’t the free lemonade from lido.

IMG_7760.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I’m stopping by the room because I had three straws this morning and two of them fell out of my pocket somewhere

IMG_7762.thumb.jpeg.9656c0e5b26f894bbbe0b5d9b99f2878.jpeg

ri ben cai

IMG_7761.thumb.jpeg.5424a05cdf119e527efde8bc059102f2.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Dammit, I was on Bliss last Nov. had Premium plus that cruise, but I didn't bother checking! 😖

I was charged while on the Encore, just before we all got locked up.

• Like 1