Cancelling a cruise booked on board

roberts2005

Booked a cruise more than a year ago.   I am approaching 6 months before the cruise.   What do I lose if I cancel?  I understand there is now a cancellation penalty but this was booked before that went into effect.

Also, I did not take any OBC for the cruise I was on.

26 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

Booked a cruise more than a year ago.   I am approaching 6 months before the cruise.   What do I lose if I cancel?  I understand there is now a cancellation penalty but this was booked before that went into effect.

Also, I did not take any OBC for the cruise I was on.

The cancellation penalties should be outlined on your O invoice, Page 2.  If you transferred the booking to your TA, there may be an additional penalty based upon their invoice and Ts & Cs.  After reviewing those items, consider making a call and discussing the issue with an O phone rep.  Maybe you can mitigate some of the penalty if you offer to transfer your booking to another cruise.  One will never know for sure unless you ask...Good Luck.

5 hours ago, tigerfan75 said:

And of course, you are eligible for a one-time change of sailing before final payment.

I am reasonably sure that feature to shift without penalty is only available up to 6 months prior, not final payment.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

I am reasonably sure that feature to shift without penalty is only available up to 6 months prior, not final payment.

It may be a little earlier than final payment. The only thing I have to go by is the wording on a FCC, "Once applied to a voyage, guests may utilize their one-time change-of-sailing prior to the cancellation penalty period of the voyage selected."

Assuming that the new $150 cancellation penalty does not count as a "penalty period", that for a shorter cruise in a non-suite is now 180 days (or 30 days before final payment) unless booked under previous rules

Edited by AMHuntFerry

17 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

I think it’s a year. 

5 minutes ago, roberts2005 said:

My upcoming cruise that I want to shift from is Nov. 3.   Was told I have 11 days to  do it.  So only 6 months..

When did you book it?

We booked a cruise while onboard in February. The letter included with the booking states we can use the one time change to roll deposit to a new booking as long as at least 181 days from the sail date. 

• Thanks 1