Bring ng ing wine on board

Scotmay

1 hour ago, JimmyVWine said:

If you ever find yourself needing more than your allocations of Quivet or RM, let me know and we can work it out.  I always have extras.

That's very kind of you.  Adding to my inventory is not a problem, though.  At this point in my life the goal is to minimize the amount of the wine inventory that goes to my estate.  I don't know how this happens, but at the end of every year my bottle count seems to  be essentially unchanged from the previous year.

🤣

• Like 1

Never ever have had an issue paying a corkage fee (but would if they asked me to for the extra bottle.  My husband transports two bottles of wine in his carry on bag and I transport one in my carry on bag.  Both bags go through security upon embarkation with us.  I am the only one who drinks and each evening I pour myself a glass of wine to enjoy with dinner. Other times, I pour myself a glass to take to the show or whatever other event.  I really think that Princess is looking for people transporting spirits onto the ship.  An extra bottle of wine is no big deal it would appear at least for us as we have never been asked in years and years of cruising to pay any fee. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XBGuy said:

That's very kind of you.  Adding to my inventory is not a problem, though.  At this point in my life the goal is to minimize the amount of the wine inventory that goes to my estate.  I don't know how this happens, but at the end of every year my bottle count seems to  be essentially unchanged from the previous year.

🤣

Me too. The Covid year took a dent out of my inventory when my daughter was forced to leave campus during her Senior Year in college a move home. One bottle a night became two and the inventory dropped. But it is back to “normal” and holding steady. I told my wife that when I pass, at the end of the receiving line at my wake will be bins of wine and everyone gets to take home a bottle. The first 20 people will get the Screaming Eagle. 😁

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

at the end of the receiving line at my wake will be bins of wine

a keg at the start, orange solo cups, and a keg at the end to refill.  No ties allowed, shorts and caps welcome..  time to party, tell stories that may or may not have any 'truth' to them ...

15 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Me too. The Covid year took a dent out of my inventory

🤣

The exact opposite happened to us.  Since Mrs. XBGuy is asthmatic, COVID was, clearly, very dangerous.  We took the lockdown very seriously.  So, no meeting up with people no dining out, no traveling.  Lots of TV and eating in.  I was surprised to see how much money I wasn't spending.  Suddenly, ordering wine became therapeutic.  

20 hours ago, Clek said:

On the World Cruise this year my husband and I bought wine, beer, cidar and hard liquor and brought them all on board. They saw it when our bags were x-rayed. The 1 bottle of hard liquor was taken at the pier and returned to us at the end of the cruise. Everything else we were allowed to carry back to our room to drink whenever we wanted. My wine has screw tops so easy to open. No cork screw needed.

On 4/28/2024 at 9:44 AM, suzyed said:

We once pre-ordered a case of wine from Total Wine and picked it up when we went to port.  At that time (FLL in 2012) we just sealed the case well and put a luggage tag on it and checked it. Pretty sure that would be frowned upon these days.  2 of the 12 did not incur a corkage fee but when we brought the others to the MDR we were charged corkage.

On 4/26/2024 at 6:42 PM, EMS8 said:

We were on Enchanted Princess from March 7-27, 2024.  We brought 6 bottles of wine on board.  2 for our stateroom and 1 for each formal night.  The sommelier decanted the wine each formal night and only charged a corkage fee of $15 two nights.   

I am grateful to everyone who posted on this thread. I know it's a couple of months old thread (I love the search feature) and I appreciate everything that was mentioned. My husband I just booked our longest cruise ever (29 days). I decided not to book the plus package and just pay gratuities and internet (we are supposed to get 50% off) and bring on wine for dinner. I figured for this long of cruise, we should eat and drink like we would at home, it just wouldn't be healthy otherwise! 

I'm curious, has anyone ever tried these inflatable wine bags?

https://www.amazon.com/Inflatable-Airplane-Protector-Breakable-Items(10)/dp/B09YLVT4J1/ref=sr_1_8?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.Tz1hVnFBQR1N6zb1a5OqS7huYVDQIAyqNG9n-fmNR--w6LT4PQ14OXOP7N_X5lRDzZU2WOA3qpkEGVgTuxt4ExaIvbs6E0r4m8UpemCokgffEsBqeeCryhdqNTXg8vaM_d1yoKbxcsGROprL4E6ND2u12240elhN-2PNUKKrMXxU3gZFmOrdYS0cPRqETxy0HCUaffUM9Kt6wBSDuG7Yu-k5zDbPUdAHcaOG4EVFFZysipJ69tyawNjcSn_u5Ydjn8ICiSSD4vH1q3DMAfh5Q7dwAhsPuezSatmIPe6qWx0.HmkecaAXXxNxxLs-5YBpe2BzlYOhJIzRwLKTJycqu_8&dib_tag=se&hvadid=557209000264&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9032183&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=6783103804030075375&hvtargid=kwd-812690239330&hydadcr=7466_13183999&keywords=wine%2Bbottle%2Bsuitcase%2Binsert&qid=1719686154&sr=8-8&th=1

We have previously just used a wine shaped bag that essentially has bubble wrap inside it. We've never lost a bottle, but I'm wondering if these would be better?

I'm envisioning taking on 8-12 bottles for the two of us. I assume that would be considered "reasonable" for a month?

Thanks again for all the previous responses!