Penn Station to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal - same day?

Considering arriving by train on the Acela from Boston scheduled to arrive at 11:33am at Penn Station for a cruise departing the same day (a Saturday) from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

If we get an Uber at Penn Station, how long (on a Saturday) is this journey likely to take?

Not interested in taking the ferry, subway, bus transfer etc. as one of us has some mobility issues (no wheelchair or walker though). Is Uber the best option or perhaps a car service (if so, any recommendations)?

Is this plan cutting it too close time wise? We don’t know yet, but all aboard is likely to be 4:00pm.

Consider getting red cap service when you arrive into Moynahan Train Hall (Penn Station). To request it, as the conductor on the train - early into the journey - for one and they will call ahead for one. 

When we did this, the red cap brought us up into the station and then hailed a taxi for us. Worth every penny we gave him in a tip. 

We have arrived by train twice and went on to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.  The first time I had to direct the cab to the terminal and just by dumb luck we made it.  I had never been there before and apparently neither had he.  Good question to ask!!  Also you can not always rely on a car serrvice.  They called while we were on the train and cancelled our reservation.  It was raining!

On 4/27/2024 at 2:25 AM, vieux_carre said:

Considering arriving by train on the Acela from Boston scheduled to arrive at 11:33am at Penn Station for a cruise departing the same day (a Saturday) from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.

Very reliable (I take the Acela Philly to Boston and back at least once a month) but you do need to be prepared in the 0.1% chance there is a major delay. It doesn't happen often but when it does its a real sh!tshow. Over 10 years of being an Acela regular I can think of maybe 3 times it was bad enough to cause me have to change plans. 

It might make for an early morning but if there's the option for the earlier Acela personally that would be the one I was on-- the worst thing that can happen is you hang out at the lounge at Moynihan Train Hall for a bit on arrival or go grab an early lunch somewhere. Just more time in case something doesn't go to plan. 

If something were to happen you are essentially left with an expensive Uber ride to New York as an option (which I've done once before).