Hors d'oeuvre Plate

I am considering ordering the hors d'oeuvres as a surprise for DH; he loves smoked salmon and pate. Not sure from the photo what else is on the plate. Anyone try it and would recommend?

Screenshot_20240428-001639_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

I would book a specialty restaurant or something else. these are premade in the morning and usually look like a pre-packed sandwich from a supermarket. just my 0.02

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I often ordered these to be delivered to the room on embark day, and found them to be very good. The photo is accurate - they're similar to pate or mousse.  However, the price has increased substantially, and unless they've done something spectacular with them, it's no longer a good value for me. Just MHO.

Edited by Boatdrill
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

I have ordered these several different times for different cruises, mostly for get togethers with cruise friends. Done very well. I preorder from home to arrive on embarkation and I refrigerate them when we get to the room. If I get several trays I put them all on one so they fit. The pate mousse is good and there is a shrimp one and cheese, usually Brie, too. Here’s an example:

898BC65C-2B88-4DDA-90DF-39973FAA2194.thumb.jpeg.3592cb7aa996f1850f94d3c5d4926026.jpeg

B0213A59-73DE-41E9-9874-4ED2365D28D5.thumb.jpeg.ba34e3f052f329d3aae953a2afa0c4cd.jpeg

1E72B230-0C47-44C4-892F-CE17A739E1E2.thumb.jpeg.d253bd6b5290573e507251d9ca091133.jpeg

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, tunafish said:

I would book a specialty restaurant or something else. these are premade in the morning and usually look like a pre-packed sandwich from a supermarket. just my 0.02

We already have several specialties booked; this plate would be for a different occasion!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

I often ordered these to be delivered to the room on embark day, and found them to be very good. The photo is accurate - they're similar to pate or mousse.  However, the price has increased substantially, and unless they've done something spectacular with them, it's no longer a good value for me. Just MHO.

Thanks- they are expensive,  but I am glad to hear they are very good!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I have ordered these several different times for different cruises, mostly for get togethers with cruise friends. Done very well. I preorder from home to arrive on embarkation and I refrigerate them when we get to the room. If I get several trays I put them all on one so they fit. The pate mousse is good and there is a shrimp one and cheese, usually Brie, too. Here’s an example:

Thank you for the photos and descriptions- they look pretty good!

• Like 4

I don’t know if they still do, but I recall an appetizer similar to the salmon one in the photo being available (complimentary) in the Explorations Cafe. So good!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, syesmar said:

I don’t know if they still do, but I recall an appetizer similar to the salmon one in the photo being available (complimentary) in the Explorations Cafe. So good!

There might be! I know the Dutch Cafe sometimes had smoked salmon in their showcase.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2024 at 11:15 PM, syesmar said:

I just noticed this photo from the Grand Dutch Cafe in another Thread and there’s a salmon appetizer in the display on the bottom right. Good to know they’re still available!

Edited by syesmar