Zenith Retreat Discount (Existing Bookings)

danir

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else if having the same problem applying the new Zenith Retreat discount on existing bookings.

I am being advised if I want to apply it then the discount will be on today's price and promotion which is a lot more than my existing booking.

Has anyone had the Zenith discount applied off the booking at it's price and promotion when you booked it?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

What discount? Do you have a link?

It was announced to Zeniths about 6-7 weeks ago.  Zeniths can now book a cruise only rate in a suite.  While it is a nice addition, the cruise only rate is only about $40-45 pp pd lower than the regular suite price.  Initially most thought the price would be reduced by the the $75-90 pp pd day price difference between cruise only and AI on a AQ or CC cabin.  Still we saved $1,600 on a booking, so I’m not complaining.

Edited by jelayne

56 minutes ago, danir said:

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else if having the same problem applying the new Zenith Retreat discount on existing bookings.

I am being advised if I want to apply it then the discount will be on today's price and promotion which is a lot more than my existing booking.

Has anyone had the Zenith discount applied off the booking at it's price and promotion when you booked it?

Thanks!

For the discount you got applied did they honour the existing fare or did they advise you would have to take today's fare with the discount applied? 

I am being advised I would need to take todays fare which is more expensive and then have the discount applied off that.

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

It was announced to Zeniths about 6-7 weeks ago.  Zeniths can now book a cruise only rate in a suite.  While it is a nice addition, the cruise only rate is only about $40-45 pp pd lower than the regular suite price.  Initially most thought the price would be reduced by the the $75-90 pp pd day price difference between cruise only and AI on a AQ or CC cabin.  Still we saved $1,600 on a booking, so I’m not complaining.

Oh I see.  But I would not call that a discount, just a different booking option.  But I get where you are coming from.

5 hours ago, danir said:

For the discount you got applied did they honour the existing fare or did they advise you would have to take today's fare with the discount applied? 

I am being advised I would need to take todays fare which is more expensive and then have the discount applied off that.

We received the Zenith Retreat Discount on four upcoming cruises based on the price we paid when we booked.  This Discount was not applicable to our one paid-in-full cruise.  If you are dealing directly with Celebrity, try calling again and speaking with a different agent.  If you booked through a TA, have them call Celebrity again.  Good Luck!

13 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

What discount? Do you have a link?

We received our e-mail regarding Zeniths being able to book cruise fare only for Retreat bookings on March 27th.

I have called about having several Retreat bookings re-priced to cruise fare only.  I have been told by two different people (on the same day) that the re-pricing would be based on the current prevailing rate (not the original amount when we booked).  Also were told that we would lose OBC and also the gratuity perk.  Since we generally book when an itinerary is first released and had significant OBC and the gratuity perk it has not been to our advantage to re-price.