Onboard Folio

Ereggae

Is there a way to have folios for both passengers combined prior to the cruise into one running invoice to avoid issues, especially since we have a lot of onboard cedit.  Would not like one person having a discrepancy over the other.  Took me all cruise last time to get issues resolved as the lines at Guest Services were very long.  This was after the Premier package was implemented so everyone that upgraded had problems as the shoreside and onboard systems were not in sync.  I had to wait almost a month to get a check refund.  On board accounting is horrible and despite numerous complaints they have done nothing to fix it.

44 minutes ago, Ereggae said:

Is there a way to have folios for both passengers combined prior to the cruise into one running invoice to avoid issues, especially since we have a lot of onboard cedit.  Would not like one person having a discrepancy over the other.  Took me all cruise last time to get issues resolved as the lines at Guest Services were very long.  This was after the Premier package was implemented so everyone that upgraded had problems as the shoreside and onboard systems were not in sync.  I had to wait almost a month to get a check refund.  On board accounting is horrible and despite numerous complaints they have done nothing to fix it.

Since I make all the reservations as primary passenger, the folio reads my charges and my husbands charges and the combined totals.  My husband can only see his charges.  Further, I always bring onboard a copy of the travel summary to prove what I have coming.

If the two or more accounts are linked then there is a separate on board folio for each individual and a summary invoice. If one has a credit balance and the other a debit balance the two will off set to one total balance. This is for all on board spending.

I don't believe there is a way to link the plus or premier benefits together right now. They are individual. If one person has 20 alcoholic and the other five you really have to manually manage this situation.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, skynight said:

If the two or more accounts are linked then there is a separate on board folio for each individual and a summary invoice. If one has a credit balance and the other a debit balance the two will off set to one total balance. This is for all on board spending.

I don't believe there is a way to link the plus or premier benefits together right now. They are individual. If one person has 20 alcoholic and the other five you really have to manually manage this situation.

That is why we have to tell bartenders not to put all the drinks on one account. We also use 2 different credit cards so our accounts are separate. If you weee to combine the drinks one person could have 30 drinks a day. That would not be a pretty sight

3 hours ago, memoak said:

That is why we have to tell bartenders not to put all the drinks on one account. We also use 2 different credit cards so our accounts are separate. If you were to combine the drinks one person could have 30 drinks a day. That would not be a pretty sight

Linked accounts have to use the same credit card. 30 drinks in a day? Excessive alcohol drinking can happen with or without an inclusive fare. It's self management. That's why bar staff do have the ability not to serve you if they see abusive behavior. 

4 hours ago, memoak said:

That is why we have to tell bartenders not to put all the drinks on one account. We also use 2 different credit cards so our accounts are separate. If you weee to combine the drinks one person could have 30 drinks a day. That would not be a pretty sight

If you have separate credit cards, then your folios are not linked. You cannot see the other person's folio from your account. If one person has unused OBC, it doesn't go to the other one.

If you use the same credit card, then they are combined at the end of the cruise. If one person has OBC left over (even nonrefundable OBC), it is used to pay the other person's expenses. The owner of the credit card can see both people's onboard folio's. The other person can only see his or her own folio.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Linked accounts have to use the same credit card. 30 drinks in a day? Excessive alcohol drinking can happen with or without an inclusive fare. It's self management. That's why bar staff do have the ability not to serve you if they see abusive behavior. 

There are quite a few very respectable and quiet drunks out there. I have hit 15 on occasion and been able to get more if my wife has not maxed out hers or if she has we can stil buy more drinks. Also if you think they will cut you off soon just start ordering bottles of wine they don’t count against any limit