Specialty Restaurant Suggestion on Edge

My birthday is a At Sea day on an Alaska cruise.  We usually have issues paying extra for specialty dining or eating in the ports when all our meals are included.  Call us odd, call us cheap, I know the haters will make their comments.  Anyway, moving forward...

What restaurant would you recommend for dinner for my birthday.  It is just the two of us.  DH does not eat red meat or salmon.  I will eat anything you set before me except rocky mountain oysters.  LOL.  I also hate being sung at on my birthday so want to let the staff know, but want to keep it low key.

Any other suggestions on how to spend my birthday?

Just now, Tierun said:

Eden is my suggestion. 

I forgot, as you can tell by my distaste of being sung at on my birthday, I am very much an introvert.  With everything that goes on in Eden at night with the performers, I wonder if it might be too much.  Sometimes I wonder if I am on the spectrum just not diagnosed yet.  I really get uncomfortable being pointed out by a comedian or up-close performers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

I forgot, as you can tell by my distaste of being sung at on my birthday, I am very much an introvert.  With everything that goes on in Eden at night with the performers, I wonder if it might be too much.  Sometimes I wonder if I am on the spectrum just not diagnosed yet.  I really get uncomfortable being pointed out by a comedian or up-close performers.

The shows at Eden are late. Book an early dinner and you'll have a nice quiet evening. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

My birthday is a At Sea day on an Alaska cruise.  We usually have issues paying extra for specialty dining or eating in the ports when all our meals are included.  Call us odd, call us cheap, I know the haters will make their comments.  Anyway, moving forward...

What restaurant would you recommend for dinner for my birthday.  It is just the two of us.  DH does not eat red meat or salmon.  I will eat anything you set before me except rocky mountain oysters.  LOL.  I also hate being sung at on my birthday so want to let the staff know, but want to keep it low key.

Any other suggestions on how to spend my birthday?

Eat where you like the food, your Husband can order chicken fingers anywhere. 

FWIW, I agree on the Eden comment, but hard to go wrong with any of the choices.

Edited by PTC DAWG

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 4:50 PM, PTC DAWG said:

Eat where you like the food, your Husband can order chicken fingers anywhere.

I just got off of the Edge and if I could have gotten fresh (from the freezer, but not cooked five hours prior) chicken fingers, I would have been game. The food all over the ship was mediocre at best. I actually canceled my Eden prepaid reservation because the food was so rotten elsewhere the bulk of the days. I'm not a foodie whatsoever and felt validated by another couple we met who had the same thoughts.

Edited by Bateau_de_croisiere

Personally, I don’t eat seafood (I’m allergic to much of it) so the fine cut steak house would be my go-to.  

what is your favorite type of food?

My husband and I had dinner at Fine cut on the April 2024 Edge Transpacific cruise. We both enjoyed our meals.  But we booked onboard after being offered 40% off. Not sure we’d pay full price.