Celebrity Apex - any decent public rooms with a view

Considering Apex in early to mid September from UK to Iceland.  We did a similar trip a few years ago on Eclipse in August and it was great.

However there are back to back sea days at the time of year when its getting colder.  Looking at plans and reviews Apex looks to be more of a summer climate ship with lots of outdoor areas and bars, but does not appear to have any large indoor areas such as the Eclipse crows nest where you can sit on inclement days and watch the world go by. The front areas are the spa and gym on Apex, neither of which interest us.

We avoid Princess and P&O Grand class ships for this very reason.  Sitting in a busy coffee bar or buffet with a side view doesn't appeal.

I'd welcome any insight into where and how you spend sea days outside of spa and gym areas if it is less than 10 degrees C and raining.

I always have enjoyed the front facing lounges with a panoramic view. Celebrity has decided to make you pay more $$$$ for this amenity on the E class ships as these sections of the ship are restricted to suite guests. ( Too expensive for my budget )

Will it stop me from cruising with Celebrity ? Probably not , I just won't go with them as often and will seek out other options that include what I enjoy most when cruising.

6 hours ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

Eden is a lovely place to sit on sea days.  It is at the back of the ship but it's a great view.  Also the solarium is nice. 

There is a big difference between a front facing view. “there’s a lovely waterfall up ahead, get your cameras ready. “ and a rear facing view “ we just passed a waterfall, hope you got to see it”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

We were on Beyond in January, our first E class cruise and really missed the Sky Lounge.  Something special about being able to sit quietly and comfortably and looking out ahead and around.  Eden looks nice but we found the seating uncomfortable, too low and while the wake view is relaxing it gets boring after a few minutes.

• Like 1

On another thread someone said they sat at the front of the magic carpet just to get a little bit of a forward view which is pretty sad. Solarium side view window seats fill up fast on a sea day. Given the design constraints, Eden is probably the best that anyone could do.  The 3 deck view of the wake is impressive but isn’t what OP is looking for. 

• Like 2