So let the pounds go Away

In the month of May

The month of May

M----Make it
A----About

Y----You

You can do it--

• Like 1

Nice thread Belle - I was planning on getting up and weighing .... but ended up getting up and having coffee and then breakfast (cream of wheat).  I will probably wait until tomorrow.  I am now going to PT twice per week for sciatica .... hoping it gets better fast.

Hope everyone has a nice week.  Jan

• Like 1

I was soooo good this week with food, but still I held steady.  No loss, no gain.  I’ve convinced my husband that we should celebrate Cinco Demayo this Sunday at Casa Road Kill.

Jan, good luck with PT.  Let me give you a little tip.  Treat the therapists as personal trainers.  They won’t mind (they’ll be flattered).   Do your best to impress them with your commitment and effort.  I found this approach resulted in me getting the most out of my therapy sessions.  The psychology works works both ways.  

This month I qualified for Medicare 🎉🎊🎈.  I also picked up a BCBS supplemental policy and apparently it pays for a gym membership (up to $75 per month!). It doesn’t cover personal training sessions but I plan to optimize my sessions with a warm up and possibly some use of all the fancy machines.  If you have this perk, you might consider your Physical therapy sessions as the springboard to something long term at a gym.  And in case you are wondering, my fitness days came to a halt 10 years ago and I basically had to start from Zero this past winter. Overweight and very soft. It’s not been easy, but the necessary physical therapy I had earlier this year for bulging lumbar disc with sciatica was the start of the physical fitness journey I am currently on.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello you two and whoever else is reading. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Mexico food today?  5th of May. Cinco De Mayo

Jan--- is the BP gone and now sciatica? Hope it's better with PT. I'm having some

different problems now too. Hope to see Dr next week. I am one of those people

who put off going to the Dr. I know bad. Just hope your better each day.

Hope--- I hope your feeling alright. Nice your Medicare offers to help with Gym costs.

Izena and Just how are you two doing today. Hope you both come in and say Hi.

Very happy with my weigh-in kept the 10 lbs OFF. Hoping I would lose more but think ate to 

many carbs later in the week. Wish could lose at home like I did on cruise.

Edited by Belle

Wow! You lost weight on a cruise?  How did you handle the temptation?  I've had a bit of weight creep back on.   I did better today at stopping when I was full and remembering that health is a strong motivator to do this.  Tomorrow I get on the scale! Thanks, everyone!

Dancedemon Welcome, hoping your joining us. yes, I lost on the last few cruises.

If you're interested, in the post 4-25-24 put down somethings I do to try not to gain.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a good week. Loss's for all.

You wrote some excellent tips there.  I liked Ok to eat bread, just not every day.  I also liked that about if you're not around food, less likely to eat.  Your changes seem sustainable.  Thanks!

Thanks Dance

Went to the Doc today. His scale had me 5 lbs higher than mine.

Had clothes on versus being nude but know they didn't weigh 5 lbs.

Good was that I lost weight since seeing him last. Still lost the 10 lbs

just different number on my scale. Still know if lost or gained.

Where is everyone? Doing anything special to try to lose this week?

Belle, Great job losing since last doc visit!! I got on the scale and saw I lost .6 pounds since last week.  I did an extra pilates class last week and last night to help that along.  It seems like consistent, small steps seem to be helping.