Danube River Cruise

irenen

Daisi, 

Thanks for that, but I’ve found we’re not good when the weather is too hot and I get hay fever in the spring, so traveling then is not good for us. Autumn has always been a better time as usually it’s a bit cooler, no hay fever to worry about and we’re happy to just adapt to this season. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Kozkan you’ve just hit one big nail on its head everyone has bits and pieces that need to be joined together to make a whole. I thought Daisi had made an excellent point and then your curve ball, hay fever. So a pro’s and con’s list is a very useful tool but beware whatever you do you'll add or miss something. For instance do you know what actually causes your hay fever? You never know does it affect at the same time of year in Europe? Enjoy your research it’s all part of the river cruisers fun!

Edited by Canal archive

@Kozkan, just a heads up, we sailed Sept 18-28, and temps were in the 30's. I felt so bad for the poor woman at the kiosk we stopped at on our initial tour in Budapest, no one had Forint's on them, as we were only there for a bit so we were using our CC to buy bottles of water. We had taken some with us but it didn't last long in those temps.   Hopefully when you sail, it will be much nicer weather. We find beginning of May to be high teens, low 20's, but not sure how your hay fever would work.

Daisi - Thanks for that - the weather is definitely changing around the world! We were in France last year and it didn’t cool down till mid-October..