Crown Princess Question

Hi all,

Does anyone have any information on Dolphin Deck Mini Suites on Crown Princess? In particular are they covered? The  we are looking at is to FNQ so we need some protection. Thanks all.

Posted (edited)

I've not sailed on her, but it would appear from doing a bit of research that Dolphin Deck (Deck 9) balconies on Crown are uncovered which is also the case on other grand class Princess ships.

Edited by ceeceeDee

15 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

I've not sailed on her, but it would appear from doing a bit of research that Dolphin Deck (Deck 9) balconies on Crown are uncovered which is also the case on other grand class Princess ships.

Thanks

Caribe deck balconies are larger (9’x9’) and are half covered & half uncovered however they are balcony cabins & not minisuites. I don’t know if having a larger balcony or a larger cabin is preferred by the author but they are options that could be considered.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Caribe deck balconies are larger (9’x9’) and are half covered & half uncovered however they are balcony cabins & not minisuites. I don’t know if having a larger balcony or a larger cabin is preferred by the author but they are options that could be considered.

On our particular cruise the only ones offered are Dolphin deck where I can actually pick a cabin, not a deck. We need the same cabin as we are doing B2B. We originally booked an AFT premium balcony on Baja deck (booked whilst on board Royal) but now that we are home I have realised Crown Princess balcony cabins do not have sofas so now wondering whether we should go up to a mini. Unfortunately we do need a little protection from the sun for this particular cruise to FNQ. Thanks all for the input.

• Like 1

Like you, we prefer to have a sofa so that means a mini suite.

I'm open to correction here, but I THINK the mini suite balconies on Emerald Deck are covered? They also appear to be in an aft location.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Like you, we prefer to have a sofa so that means a mini suite.

I'm open to correction here, but I THINK the mini suite balconies on Emerald Deck are covered? They also appear to be in an aft location.

Yes, you are correct, but my problem is we are going to do B2B and can’t seem to line up two cabins except on Dolphin Deck. Might speak to Princess today and see if our cruise planner can help. Thanks again. I really did think a premium cabin gave a sofa, but not so on Crown unfortunately. The extended balcony is really not that of a priority for us, even though very nice. So many times lately we have barely been able to use the balcony because of the weather.

Well, that's a nuisance. Well worth tapping your cruise planner on the shoulder to see what can be done. Sometimes with a bit of prodding a miracle happens. 😉

1 hour ago, ceeceeDee said:

Well, that's a nuisance. Well worth tapping your cruise planner on the shoulder to see what can be done. Sometimes with a bit of prodding a miracle happens. 😉

About to do just that!🤣

On 5/9/2024 at 11:11 AM, ceeceeDee said:

Good luck. Let us know how you go

Just an update. We changed to a covered mini on Emerald deck, extra OBC with an increase of just under $1000 for both cruises. We are quite happy as I worked out the increase to a lot more and less OBC. Finally the Princess Cruise Planner earned his money.

• Like 6