Free vs Premium Wifi

I'm booked on Norwegian Star with 300 free minutes of wifi. There's an option to upgrade to "premium". What's the difference between the free and the premium? Would I be able to watch Youtube videos with the free wifi?

2 minutes ago, BobbiFlekman said:

I'm booked on Norwegian Star with 300 free minutes of wifi. There's an option to upgrade to "premium". What's the difference between the free and the premium? Would I be able to watch Youtube videos with the free wifi?

300 min is non streaming WiFi. And you only get 300 minutes of use. No videos and no vpn. You can share an account between multiple devices, but only one at a time. 

Unlimited WiFi same as 300 min except you can remain logged on for the duration of the cruise. 

Premium WiFi allows you to stream video and use a VPN. 

Speeds are about the same. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BobbiFlekman said:

With unlimited you can watch YouTube since it is considered social media. No other videos like Hulu or Netflix.

• Thanks 1

Just off the Star and FWIW, I couldn't receive any texts over WIFI or do WIFI calling using my 150 minutes (VZ is my carrier on my Android phone).  However, I could make WIFI calls and receive WIFI texts in ports connected WIFI.  So something about the NCL basic WIFI minutes was blocking me - I went to the Internet desk and the guy just said some apps don't work on the non-premium WIFI and he couldn't help me.

If you have an Apple product, I heard the experience is much better (ex. some stuff works without even logging into your minutes).

• Thanks 1