Haven Questions

On 5/21/2024 at 8:45 AM, conandrob240 said:

Hi! I’ve been away from nCL for a long time (after Covid, we’ve been doing Virgin Voyages and more land vacations). In years past, we did Haven twice- once for a Med cruise on NCL Jade and once from NY on Breakaway.

taking my turning 80 years old parents this year on 11 nt Iceland/Norway cruise on Prima.

have seen prices drop over past few weeks (been playing the Hold, cancel, hold, cancel game). 

it is now down to $7600 penthouse HE all in pricing (taxes, gratuities). Thoughts on the pricing? Would you think it’ll go down further or is that sort of the low end of what they’ll sell Haven for? 

and what’s the reviews on Prima Haven? I know Haven will be lovely, another reason I want to book is is Dad has mobility issues (can’t walk too long) so I figured haven would also be helpful with that (priority disembark, etc)

I was in the Haven on the Prima and it was beautiful! I liked it better than the Bliss (which is also wonderful) due to the Haven sundeck now in the aft, with two levels, an outside bar, AND with food available easily from the Haven restaurant which backs up to it. 

On 5/21/2024 at 8:45 AM, conandrob240 said:

and what’s the reviews on Prima Haven? I know Haven will be lovely, another reason I want to book is is Dad has mobility issues (can’t walk too long) so I figured haven would also be helpful with that (priority disembark, etc)

Here is my review of the Bliss/Haven, if you are interested. We had a great time.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2736734-sistahs-cruise-bliss-ny-to-bahamas-feb-23-march-1/

No just the Prima class we love Breakaway and Breakaway plus class 

The Haven elevators only go from deck 6-16 

Our Haven cabin had noise from above every night something we have never had before and many guests had the same complaint. 

Entertainment is excellent 

Cabin HE 15904
Poor accommodations prior to boarding SRO and totally unorganized we felt like a heard of cattle. 
Luggage was wet when we received it almost 4 hours after boarding 9 pieces of clothing had to go to the laundry and our luggage was soaked it 2 days to dry.
Safe battery had to be replaced after using it once after reporting it to the concierge in about 20 minutes the locksmith came but he doesn’t replace the batteries. Another 25 minutes later I went up to the concierge desk to find out how much longer and they told me because security had to replace the batteries we would have to wait until we left San Juan around another hour of course we didn’t leave until over 2 hours after scheduled departure. The concierge had the safe replaced with a new one which also included the ship’s carpenter to replace. We took our valuables with us to dinner and when we returned we had a working safe!
Constant footsteps as well as moving furniture and rolling wheels from above our cabin. One morning we were woken up at 4:40 AM from the noise. There were creaking noises as well from inside our cabin. We never heard any noises from the cabin on either side or from below. All the noise was from above. 
Had to walk up 2 flights in Antigua to get to Haven elevator. Only one gangway at the this port. My wife had a sprained ankle from prior going on this cruise and the elevators on deck 4 were mobbed because the ship was going to leave soon. No one had any idea as a Haven guest which we asked multiple employees, of where we were supposed to go and this was after 3 Pm after an excursion purchased through NCL!
Walking throughout the ship was a challenge need to supply a map or add signage. The rumors show which we went to was changed without any notice and never rescheduled 
3 of 6 aft elevators were constantly out of service 
No elevator to Deck 17 in the Haven where the hot tubs are!  No haven elevator that goes to deck 4! We will never go on another Prima class ship again and many Haven and non Haven guests were not happy. Also several nights it was very hard to get through deck 6 Atrium because most nights there was a large group of people playing Latin music with their own instruments for hours. Not only is this ship not totally handicapped accessible. There needs to be better control of crowds because that is an emergency issue. 

Edited by Jmustang67

On 9/1/2024 at 12:11 PM, ChuloLaw said:

I'm sailing the NCL haven 2 bdsm Villa and are 2 days from golf so still silver. I'm on the Epic from Rome in a 2 bedroom suite. Do they provide sodas in the room. We are not drinkers so no alcohol package but like a diet Coke from time to time? Should we just purchase the soda package. One of us doesn't drink soda

Soda in that room is not free around $4.00 plus grat.  OS and higher they are free.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...