Sistahs Cruise: Bliss NY to Bahamas, Feb 23-March 1

Greenpea2

I’d hoped to have time to write the usual pre-cruise pre-story (not that it’s all that interesting) but, well, just didn’t happen. I am leaving on the Bliss in just a few hours and it has felt this time would never get here already. I booked this cruise a year ago. It’s kind of a bucket list thing … I have cruised over 20 times, the vast majority on NCL. But the last time was 5 years ago. I had lost my cruise mojo, but now it’s back and I am so ready!

DH was not in the mood to cruise (and hates to leave our 3 cats, as sad old cat-man-ish as that sounds) so I asked my sister to join me. She lives up by Canada and I live in NJ so we don’t get to spend that much time together. As DH and I are moving to NC this fall, that will become even more of a fact. She has only been on one 1-night cruise so this is a very big deal for her. She has no idea what to expect but is game for every last bit of what comes her way. We are in the Haven, which was a surprise for her—I only just (and finally) spilled the beans about a month ago. 

I decided to just go all out – the Haven, upgrade to the Ultimate Beverage package, upgrade to unlimited internet, what the heck, right? You only live once. And being 66 (sister is 68), I’m celebrating life more and more these days.

So here we go. I will post as I can so let’s call this a semi-live report. I know the onboard internet is tiresome at times, so if nothing else I will post pictures and write a review post-cruise. But doing it as I go is more appealing to me. I wanna share the bliss (yeah, I know--groan).

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, deedle7544 said:

Where’s the adult beverage? 

This photo seems to have been taken in the Haven waiting area at the cruise terminal. I don’t think she’s on the ship yet, so no adult beverages 😉

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Arrived  at the pier safe and sound (which is, I guess, subjective). Pretty easy check in. People were still leaving in streams. 

Since it’s a cruise, I had to eat something. Since it was there. 

9A59CA2A-CBF3-4258-8E41-1AC23F702328.jpeg

Now don’t be eating all healthy stuff......

• Like 2

The Haven passengers have been offered lunch at Food Republic which made my day because I had been agonizing (well, that’s a bit too dramatic) over whether we should use a specialty dining credit there. Now we don’t have to. They open at noon so we will go then. Would love to walk around the ship but it’s too much work lugging around our carryonsi somehow have logged almost 5000 steps already today. Sistah whined that she only has 4000 steps. After mentally pumping my fist on my own behalf (beat my older sister!) I told her that’s only because I logged 2000 steps back in my apartment this morning trying to find things I had then could not find. Including an earring, my passport, the top I planned to wear today and my luggage tags (which I never did find). That calmed her down. 

but fist pump for me anyway. 

• Like 14
  • Haha 3