Status Match after first cruise?

Hi, we already sailed once on MSC Divina over a year ago and though my husband said that he applied for status match, we did not receive it. Can you apply for it after cruising on their ship and we do now have a voyagers club number. Our next MSC cruise is in September. Thank you!

BTW, search the forum for a spreadsheet that cross reference the Status Match available, so you can check what status would you get.

Anyone could get the Status Match, specially before booking, you can be eligible for discounts and OBC.

I've got $50 pp OBC and a 10% discount on the cruise fare, booking 9 months before the cruise.

I am currently Princess Platinum and I will be Elite early next year. I am planning on taking a MSC cruise for the first time this fall. Should I use my current Princess Platinum to apply for a status match and apply again next year after I become Princess Elite?  Or should I wait till I become Princess Elite to apply for the match? 

How many times does MSC give you a status match?

I saw the spreadsheet and it seems MSC will match Princess Elite to Voyage Diamond.

MSC only let each passenger do one status match, and your current status would get you Gold, but if you  wait until you are Princess Elite that would match to Diamond.

On the other-hand it really doesn't take long to get from Gold to Diamond...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

MSC only let each passenger do one status match, and your current status would get you Gold, but if you  wait until you are Princess Elite that would match to Diamond.

On the other-hand it really doesn't take long to get from Gold to Diamond...

You can reapply for a status match update.  My MIL was Platinum on Princess when she did her status match (making her gold on MSC) then became Elite a couple months ago.  She applied again and is now Diamond.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SpareBrew said:

You can reapply for a status match update.  My MIL was Platinum on Princess when she did her status match (making her gold on MSC) then became Elite a couple months ago.  She applied again and is now Diamond.

I would not depend on that as it is officially not allowed.

Glad she got lucky but I wouldn't treat that as a generally available option...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ccheng6401 said:

Sorry one more question. Can I apply for a MSC membership number "before" I book my first MSC cruise and use that number for the first booking? Or the MSC membership number is automatically assigned after the first cruise? 

Both are true. If you apply for status match prior to booking, a VC number will be given once matched. Otherwise a number will be given once on your first sailing.

• Like 2