*LIVE* from the Norwegian Joy – 7-Night Bermuda – May 12-19, 2024

Posted (edited)

Got an owie? Or are you just feeling unwell? The Joy Medical Center offer 27/7 care with two doctors and 3 nurses. The medical center is full equipped to address routine and urgent care, including video consultation with shoreside experts. 

You can swipe your room key to get medical supplies when the medical center and shops are closed. (A great improvement over the coin operated machines of the past). 

IMG_4085.jpeg

IMG_4084.jpeg

IMG_4081.jpeg

IMG_4071.jpeg

IMG_4072.jpeg

IMG_4073.jpeg

IMG_4074.jpeg

IMG_4075.jpeg

IMG_4076.jpeg

IMG_4077.jpeg

IMG_4078.jpeg

IMG_4079.jpeg

IMG_4080.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Did you go to the Street Fair?  If so, how was it?

Thanks!

Hamilton hosts Harbour Nights street festival every Wednesday night. The public ferry runs late ferries from the Royal Navy Dockyard to Hamilton on Wednesdays. 

Pro tip: show up to the ferry 30+ minutes early. Last night, the 6:30 ferry (the one for Harbour Night) had a long line, filled by 6:15 and departed. Those showing up “on time” would have found an empty dock.

The ferry is $5 cash per person each way. You can buy ferry tokens during the day for $4.50. 

IMG_4086.jpeg

IMG_4087.jpeg

• Like 1

Looking for a quick trip to the beach? The port has a small beach park. It is “o.k. for the price”. Snorkel Park Beach Club. The water is crystal clear. The shore has some rocks, but the sand in the water was fine and soft. 

IMG_4131.jpeg

IMG_4130.jpeg

IMG_4125.jpeg

IMG_4126.jpeg

IMG_4127.jpeg

IMG_4129.jpeg

IMG_4123.jpeg

IMG_4122.jpeg

IMG_4124.jpeg

IMG_4128.jpeg

• Like 2

The Social is the place for a laugh. Early comedy shows are family oriented and late shows are 18+. 

After the laughs are done, the chairs are cleared and it is time for some dancing at the late night club. 

IMG_4137.jpeg

IMG_4138.jpeg

IMG_4139.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruiservictor said:

Enjoying your reports, as always. I believe you said earlier in the week that GM Ricardo would be going home yesterday. Do you know who took his place?

Ron is returning from his vacation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Fine French cuisine at Le Bistro. A plus for the Rocket Man is that the geese are on strike in New York, so no Foie on the filet this week. 

IMG_4150.jpeg

IMG_4151.jpeg

IMG_4152.jpeg

IMG_4153.jpeg

IMG_2870.jpeg

IMG_2871.jpeg

IMG_2872.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

This has been the most through "live" I have ever seen! Thank you for all your efforts. I'll be boarding this cruise in four weeks and this is just so helpful.

One thing I don't think you've posted about is internet. With such a photo-heavy thread, can you write about what access level you have, and how it's performing? Speed tests would really be welcome. On our Escape cruise last year, we upgraded to the unlimited premium and it was so slow that I am hesitant to pay for the upgrade. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

This has been the most through "live" I have ever seen! Thank you for all your efforts. I'll be boarding this cruise in four weeks and this is just so helpful.

One thing I don't think you've posted about is internet. With such a photo-heavy thread, can you write about what access level you have, and how it's performing? Speed tests would really be welcome. On our Escape cruise last year, we upgraded to the unlimited premium and it was so slow that I am hesitant to pay for the upgrade. 

Post 51 has an initial speed test on night 1. 

Like most/all NCL ships using StarLink, the speed is limited by the ship/ship’s infrastructure and not the space segment. 

I have a Premium package. Traditionally, NCL does not limit speed by package type, they just open streaming ports. 

Here are a few tests just now at dinner time in port. 

IMG_4170.jpeg

IMG_4171.jpeg

IMG_4172.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Pro tip: show up to the ferry 30+ minutes early. Last night, the 6:30 ferry (the one for Harbour Night) had a long line, filled by 6:15 and departed. Those showing up “on time” would have found an empty dock.

The ferry situation should improve in the next week or two. The 700 passenger capacity Bermudian is returning to service at the end of the month after an 18 month absence for renovation. The Bermudian can transport twice the number of passengers as the catamaran Warbaby Fox shown in your post.

• Like 2

Thank you. I see my concerns are well founded.😃 Here are my results from last year. I was on Escape in September, and Carnival Magic in late August. Big difference!

IMG_3182(1).thumb.png.1ff38341326a58ddac870c4e63e9938f.png

The kiddos can eat off the Kid’s Menu at any restaurant. When ordering off the skid’s Menu at a specialty restaurant, let your waiter know soonest because it may come from a different galley. 

IMG_4173.jpeg