GTY cabin barcode trick issue?

Did checkin for upcoming Cruise on allure, our first balcony GTY

put in Apple wallet, only seeing after the dash

-GTY

no cabin number as anticipated 

???

maybe assignment will show up closer to sail date?

Odd, as others on sailing report seeing their assignments this morning 

1 minute ago, keishashadow said:

maybe assignment will show up closer to sail date?

Odd, as others on sailing report seeing their assignments this morning 

Not odd - the assignment has not yet happened. The trick only works if there really was an assignment. Having it still as GTY is normal.

• Like 1

Normally, you’ll see a muster station pop up on the app before the cabin assignment shows up. When you see the muster station, then try the barcode trick and the cabin number should show up. 
This has been my experience anyway. YMMV

• Like 2

On 5/14/2024 at 11:11 AM, HicksRA said:

Normally, you’ll see a muster station pop up on the app before the cabin assignment shows up. When you see the muster station, then try the barcode trick and the cabin number should show up. 

Yes I see my guarantee in my wallet. How long does it generally take to show up on app. I know once I’m assigned a room I can switch my room, but but it still shows it’s under guarantee.

On 5/14/2024 at 11:11 AM, HicksRA said:

It shows my number on my wallet, but how long does it generally take before it appears in the app. I wanna change my room and it won’t let me until it’s a signed and shows.

I don't have an Apple gadget so couldn't do the Apple wallet hack but saw on our social media group another hack which was to screenshot the setsail pass , it was showing deck and muster station but not cabin number , then use Google lens over the bar code which will read it , et voila , cabin number shown. 

19 minutes ago, renza said:

Yes I see my guarantee in my wallet. How long does it generally take to show up on app. I know once I’m assigned a room I can switch my room, but but it still shows it’s under guarantee.

You can switch, to same category?

I see ours updated.  

in a balcony that on deck plans is indicated for 2 pp.  

we have 3 ‘adults’.  Perhaps there’s a sofa in there #3 is expected to use?

1 minute ago, keishashadow said:

You can switch, to same category?

Yes but it must be the exact same category. As an example, not just interior to interior, it has to be 4V to 4V. Every cabin type has a unique code.

Once officially assigned (not just seeing it from the bar code trick), your TA can switch you if you used one or you can call RC if you booked direct.

*Obviously there has to be an available cabin in your category to switch to.

• Thanks 1

Just called. 

they made a mistake and assigned us into OV balcony for 2 max occupancy???  

told ‘…not to worry, we will have a cabin for 3 by the time we arrive at the pier…’

seriously, first I’ve heard of being assigned into wrong occupancy cabin

i asked for confirming email 

1 hour ago, renza said:

It shows my number on my wallet, but how long does it generally take before it appears in the app. I wanna change my room and it won’t let me until it’s a signed and shows.

No way to tell as far as I know. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, renza said:

Lately by the time my cabin is officially assigned there are no longer any available cabins left in my category ( or it one or two remain, they aren’t more desirable then my assigned cabin).   I hope you have better luck, but don’t get your hopes up.  There’s no way to know how long you will be in barcode status.  Your official assignment could come soon or it could come just before the cruise.  I will add, though, for several cruises when I have saw my cabin via bar code soon after check in, my assignment became official exactly 30 days out. YMMV

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As the assignment still reflects the cabin for 2 pp vs 3 I booked…

and I didn’t receive the email

from RCCL as agent promised after I alerted them of the discrepancy …

do I chill and assume RCCL

Will put us in a proper OV balcony, or do I keep calling back (as in once a week? Sailing on 6/28)

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, keishashadow said:

do I chill and assume RCCL

Will put us in a proper OV balcony, or do I keep calling back (as in once a week? Sailing on 6/28)

I would definitely keep calling... and personally I'm not sure I could chill for nearly long enough to only call once a week but that's just how my brain works. I don't like having unresolved issues hanging out there. Just one man's opinion of course.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1