Buying water etc from onboard services prior to cruise

I’m trying to purchase water and a 375ml bottle of spirits for our stateroom.  I’ve gone through onboard services both on the app and on the website and it won’t let me put the credit card details in (the box is greyed out).  The cruise if for this August from Southampton, can you not purchase these items from Southampton.  Will I be able to get these once onboard.  

I'm sorry you are having trouble.  I too am on a cruise from Southampton in August.  I did not order anything but a couple of months ago someone we are cruising with DID order the water.  It would have been on the website (I helped her download the app when she visited me last month). She had no trouble.  I don't remember where on the website it was ordered from.

Both Items can be purchased via your Cruise personaliser on the website when you login to your booking.

Spirits are in the Extras tab image.png.e6b0165b7777cb82e223721ec6338c48.png , then go to Princess Wines and Spirits.

Water is in the Beverages Tab,image.png.00c05258606f7858254f64d54a339f87.png scroll down past the various packages and the water package is the last one.

• Like 1

I was able to pre-order water for our June cruise. Sounds like Princess is having one of their regular website glitches.  I would recommend calling Princess or your travel agent/PVP and let them order it for you.  Or since your cruise is not till August, wait a few days and try again.  Good Luck. 🙂

Thanks for all your replies, still can't buy these items.  I can put an excursion in my basket and pay for that, the space to put your card number in is not greyed out for the excursions.  Really strange.  I'll wait a few days and if its the same I'll contact my TA.

4 minutes ago, thornegirl said:

Thanks for all your replies, still can't buy these items.  I can put an excursion in my basket and pay for that, the space to put your card number in is not greyed out for the excursions.  Really strange.  I'll wait a few days and if its the same I'll contact my TA.

Yeah both the website and the app can be glitchy.  I usually have better luck with the website but nothing's a guarantee.  Contacting the TA is a good call.