Information about Deal or No Deal and Wheel of Fortune on NCL

Looking for information about the Norwegian's line Deal or No Deal and Wheel of Fortune.? I've seen somewhere it cost you for the event. How Much and is it worth going too? Not sure how it's done with a room full of people? Trying to figure out if we want to go to one or both. The NCL web page doesn’t have much about it. Our cruise leaves in June on the Jewel.

This is on NCL Site:

Deal or No Deal

Enjoy an exhilarating show where contestants play & deal for cash in a high-energy contest of nerves and intuition.

Play cards will be available for purchase onboard.

Wheel of Fortune

Wheel of Fortune is here! Be one of the first guests to experience the world premier of this new digital interactive game show where everyone can play along on their phones for a chance to win cash, prizes and even a FREE CRUISE! Don’t forget to bring your phone and arrive early to grab a seat. Now playing in the theater.

11 minutes ago, BrJa said:

Looking for information about the Norwegian's line Deal or No Deal and Wheel of Fortune.? I've seen somewhere it cost you for the event. How Much and is it worth going too? Not sure how it's done with a room full of people? Trying to figure out if we want to go to one or both. The NCL web page doesn’t have much about it. Our cruise leaves in June on the Jewel.

This is on NCL Site:

Deal or No Deal

Enjoy an exhilarating show where contestants play & deal for cash in a high-energy contest of nerves and intuition.

Wheel of Fortune

Wheel of Fortune is here! Be one of the first guests to experience the world premier of this new digital interactive game show where everyone can play along on their phones for a chance to win cash, prizes and even a FREE CRUISE! Don’t forget to bring your phone and arrive early to grab a seat. Now playing in the theater.

I was wondering the same thing. I know Deal or no Deal cost money to play. What about Wheel of Fortune? We all know NCL does not give anything away for free.

Take a look at BirdTravels live report NCL Joy to Bermuda May12-May 19 post #110.  It explains Wheel of Fortune and the cost for such.    

• Like 1

For WoF, you can pay to play while the game is being played and win some prizes.  You will be assigned random letters for each game, and you get points based on if your letters are called. They call up three cruisers from the pool of players to play on stage.

• Like 2

Both are game shows that choose passengers to be contestants.  You can watch for free but if you want to play along with the contestant, there is a fee.  

Deal Or No Deal you buy a ticket, the tickets are "around" $29 (discounts for multiples)

buying a ticket gives you a chance to be selected to play on stage (they play 2 games, so 2 people are picked) ..

all the people who are not picked, their cards become play-along cards, and if your card matches the game board you win prizes like a free photo  or $50 or possibly a free cruise

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrJa said:

This is on NCL Site:

Deal or No Deal

Wheel of Fortune

See post #108 on the attached thread for information and pricing for Wheel of Fortune

If you are chosen for Deal or No Deal, you most likely will win a decent amount - at least everyone did on our cruise.  If not chosen, the other decent prizes you can win are pretty scarce.

For Deal or no Deal (at least) your winnings are paid out in onboard credits. I actually got to go on stage a few years ago and basically won my money back. 

• Like 1

If Wheel of Fortune is as "popular" on other ships as it was on our recent Jade cruise, I don't see it lasting much longer. The theater was almost vacant and the production was so screwed up, they had to eventually cancel the game. 

• Like 1

I love Deal or No Deal and have always played each time it is offered. On my last cruise, they offered it on 5 sea days at a minimum cost of $29 (1 card for $29 gets you 2 games of the 2 games that will be played one after the other that day). Additional cards can be purchased at a discount (2 cards for $49, 3 cards for $59).

The game is played just like on TV (minus the models) but the dollar amounts are much lower. On the TV show, the lowest case is $1 and the highest is $1Million. On the ship, these amounts range from $.01 to $1,000. In each game, 1 person (who bought a card) is selected at random to play on the stage. Their card is ALSO played simultaneously in the audience matching game.

As cases are opened on the screen, the card-purchasing-audience also opens the same case on their card. If the amount in the on-screen case and the on-card case match, the audience can win prizes. The prizes are:

1 match: no prize

2 matches: a pull tab strip (like a lottery scratch card with a maximum prize of $2000)

3 matches: a photo (near the gangway of the ship in ports)

4 matches: $50

5 matches: $200

6 matches: $400

7 matches: a 7 day cruise

8 matches: $5000

(Like on the TV show, on the screen, there is only 1 case with each $ amount in it. However, on the cards, many of the amounts are repeated (i.e. $.01 appears in several cases), thereby diminishing the odds of the audience matching the on-screen case amounts.)

The most I have personally ever won from the pull tab prize is $1 and the largest matching prize I've won is the photo. I HAVE seen someone win a cruise once and have also seen a $5000 winner once. The highest win I've seen for the on stage player was a $900 deal from the banker (when they actually held the $1000), but it is more often in the $200-300 deal-range. On my last cruise, of the 10 games played over 5 days, the biggest audience-winner was $200, one time, and there were also a few $50 winners. The highest win/deal made for an on stage player was under $300.

Winnings are posted to your onboard account. 

I have not played Wheel of Fortune, but heard it is a similar setup with similar prizes, played using a pay-to-play app on your phone (instead of the cards).

I hope that helps! Have fun! And...unless the deal is really superb, "NO DEAL!!!" 😋